Does your child cover his nose when he coughs or sneezes?

Does he use his hands or are you teaching him to sneeze into his elbow or shoulder? Using your hands is sort of pointless - yes, you don't spray the germs into the air but you smear them on everything and everyone you touch. Yuck.

kaycee14

Asked by kaycee14 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Kids' Health

• I've taught my kids to sneeze into their elbow. Hands is just pointless to me unless you're gonna have them wash their hands everytime they sneeze. lol
    megs1228

Answer by megs1228 at 10:39 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• It is important that the child does not sneeze into their hands,because then they go around touching everything and spreading the germs, or go to eat and it's on their food. It is best to sneeze in their arm sleeve or tissue if handy.
    Momofcinco

Answer by Momofcinco at 12:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I would agree kind of pointless...but at least you can then teach them to wash their hands...rather that than have them spray the whole room...gross!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:58 PM on Oct. 10, 2008