How do you know if your 6 month has an ear infection?

My daughter is pulling at her right ear. She doesn't cry or anything but never has she pulled at her ear. Everyone says "Oh she has just found something to tug on"; but the only problem is she doesn pull on her left ear.

Hbkdavis19

Asked by Hbkdavis19 at 8:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah my son does the same thing he pulles on his too and then when he went to the doctor or his check up they said it was fine he just notice he was an ear but it was only the one on the left side... But they said everything was fine.
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• She has probably found her ear and likes it. The ear pulling for ear infection was a myth. If you suspect infection go see a doc.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• the 1st time my daughter pulled on her ears she had an infection but after that went away she kept pulling on them. When we went back to the doctor she said a lot of babies will tug on there ears when they have teeth coming in even though I didn't see any 2 days later she now has 4 trying to come through...
    MAyers

Answer by MAyers at 9:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2008