Is the pain from the miscarriage?

I'm 5 days into a miscarriage, I've passed everything, so I've seen. I have no more blood clots, I am still bleeding a little but I also have a UTI that I've been treating for the past 3 days (5 days treatment). In the hospital, they gave me pain medicine, it didn't do that much for the pain & I've ran out of them. I called & made an appointment for tomorrow because I'm still in so much pain. It's my lower back & lower abdomen, it feels like a crampy feeling & knives stuck in me.

I'll find out tomorrow hopefully but is this pain from the miscarriage or the UTI? I didn't have any signs of a UTI before I went to the hospital & the pain started when I started miscarrying but it's a constant pain, not something that comes & goes. Or has anybody been threw this & knows what the pain is from?

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 7:57 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Health

• I am not sure. UTI and miscarriage cramps can all be rolled up into one there. I am so sorry that you are experiencing this dear. God bless.
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 8:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• How far where you in the pregnancy? You might need a D&C to remove any thing remaining from the pregnancy. If you feel like its a UTI go to your local store and buy AZO. It takes all the pain away from a uti.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 6:01 AM on Aug. 18, 2010