What did you want to be, when you grew up? Did you become a (name the profession) why or why not?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 8:02 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• I wanted to be a math teacher. I ended up teaching fitness. I discovered I didn't like teaching in high school, so I took another job which I quit to raise my family. Then I got part time work when they were in school.

Answer by Bmat at 8:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I wanted to be a broadway star! (silly I know). I was well on my to New York but then I met this man that took my breath away. I realized that my future dreams involved him and found my new passion in the process! I will graduate in 2 months as an Occupational Therapy Assistant. Helping heal is so much more rewarding than quick costume changes!!!
    MizMellyMac

Answer by MizMellyMac at 8:08 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Oh Miz Melly! But you really wanted to be a broadway star. Is there any drams classes that you can take at your local community college?
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 8:10 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I went to college for Business Administration and then took an Art History course....I fell in love with all things old and artsy. I wanted to major in it and work in Antiques & Acquisitions at Sotheby's, Christie's Auction House or the Cleveland Museum of Art. I became a mom.....
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:27 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I wanted to be a garbage collector - the guys in our town had such cool things attached to the grills of their trucks.
    At various times, inventor, draftsman, scientist specializing in abnormal genetics, composer, industrial designer, mystery writer, graphic designer, tree house builder. Today I am a pack rat mother of two, former graphic designer, who dabbles in or reads about everything else on my list.
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 9:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I wanted to be a successful CPA one day and move up in the corporate world!!! I got my accounting degree and worked in corporate world for few years, had my son, became miserable at my JOB and was introduced to an at home business where I am now my own boss, make my own hours, home with my son, and LOVE what I do!
    arbnmom

Answer by arbnmom at 12:59 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I wanted to be a teacher or a scientist or a secretary. LOL. No I didn't become any of those things because I got pregnant as a teenager. I just recently started college and I'm going to school for Public Relations. Maybe I'll HAVE a secretary one day - LOL.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 1:35 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I wanted to be a olympic swimmer haha! I still loveee to swim..But I do accounting, am a mother of 2, and going to school for my RN!
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 7:20 PM on Aug. 18, 2010