DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO, MY 17 DAUGHTER IS PREGNANT PLEASE HELP

MOM CHRISTIAN FOR 25 YEARS I WED VIRGEN MY HUSBAND TOO RAISED DAUGHTER IN THAT MORALS DAUGHTER 17 NO BOYFRIEND GOOD AT SCHOOL RAISED IN NON DENOMINATIONAL CHURCH GREAT GIRL ONE BEST FRIEND HAVE SEX WITH HIM AND GOT PREGNANT I AM DEVASTATED I DO NOT HOW TO REACT OR HOW TO HELP HER SHE SAID SHE IS TOO YOUNG AND WILL GIVE THE BABY FOR ADOPTION TO A COUPLE THAT CAN'T HAVE BABIES SHE IS SO SAD SHE JUST TOLD ME 3 DAYS AGO BUT MY HUSBAND STILL DO NOT KNOW HE IS A GREAT MAN, LOVES GOD WITH ALL HIS HEART I AM WORRY FOR HIM PLEASE CHRISTIAN WOMEN SOMEBODY HELP ME

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Remember that everything happens for a reason. I got pregnant at 17 as well. I didn't realize at the time, but my family was being torn apart. My daughter brought everyone back together. It seemed like such a bad thing at the time, 17 and pregnant... But, come to find out, the Lord was working in a mysterious way. I did not give my daughter up, I kept her without any help from the father. Ten years later, it is the best thing that has ever happened to me. My mother said the same thing. Look at it as a blessing, not as a curse.
    meriahmn

Answer by meriahmn at 8:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Nobody goes without sin. Please try to be understanding and supportive of her. I understand your disappointment, but she NEEDS you. It is really hard this day in age for teens. The peer pressure is tremendous.
    2Down1ToGo

Answer by 2Down1ToGo at 10:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Surrender to God and pray...pray over her your husband and the whole situation...Don't feel ashamed. You did the right thing and raised her the best you could. You and your husband are not to take blame. Be happy that she was able to come to you and didn't have an aboration. Let the Holy Spirit guide you. Remember Jesus He forgives all sins. Please be strong and support your daughter. Don't let the enemy lie to her. He is the author of lies. God's voice..stills you, leads you, reassures you, enlightens you, encourages you, comforts you, calms you, draws you to Him. on the other hand the Devil rushes you, pushes you, frightens you, worries you, confuses you, discourages you, obsesses you, condems you, distance you from the Lord.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 11:22 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Rebuke the Devil's schemes in the name of JESUS!! I will pray that this child will remain her your families care. You are a Christian family so start offering this child to the Lord as a living sacrafice. :) Blessings and peace be with you sister.
    JCRestoredme

• Remeber, all things work out for good to those who love God. Be with her and support, pray and let her know you are there for her. I am sure your husband will be surprised, but after the initial shock, he will be able to think, and know he loves your daughter dearly.  I got pregnant at 16, and at the time i was not a christian, and out of fear and regret to this day, I aborted the baby. I have had many talks with God and times of crying. But,what I know now, it's wrong, it ends a life, and that Jesus forgives. I someday, will use my past to help others. hang in there!

Anonymous

• There are somethings that God should just not be brought into. My grandma told me when I got pregnant at 19 that I was too young and that my baby came from the devil, that god had nothing to do with it. And I was married, and she reacted that way. So, my advice to you is to keep god out of this, don't think about why did he do this and that this child can't be from god and blah, blah, blah. Your daughter is being very strong to give her baby up for adoption, but if she decides to keep it, don't force her to give it up, because she'll end up hating you. Just help her in whatever decision she makes. As for your husband, if hes any kind of father he'll react calmly and lovingly and everything will be fine. If he does freak out and start treating your daughter like shit because of it, I would consider leaving, because hes obviuossly not a good man.
    Anonymous

• Sister pls don't listen to the above response...the flesh is weak at times. :( I know this.

Father God, I thank you for being our source for protection and love. I pray that you will be in the midst of this situation and that this family will feel your presence and guidness. I rebuke the confusing thoughts, May they stand firm in what they believe and be washed by the blood of Jesus. May they keep a strong grip on your Word for your word declares "For God is not a god of disorder but of Peace" and "For I am the Lord your God, who takes hold of your right hand,and says to you, Do not fear, I will help you."
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• if she wants to give it up that is her choice but do not force her too. support her and love her do not make her feel bad for something like this. she made a mistake but the end result is going to be a beautiful baby that need his/her mom and grandparents. Please look into all the ramifications of adoption both for the baby and your dd. She may hate her self if she gives that baby up let her decided what to do after you have all talked to a counsler. I will pray that your daughter makes a decision that is best for her.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Well she is your daughter. Yes, you will be upset with her and you don't agree with what is going on. But you are her mother so you should be loving and supportive of her decisions with the pregnancy. She has stepped up and told you what happened and she is willing to give her child to a loving family who wants a child. That in itself says a lot about her. We are human and we do things that sometimes Christ won't agree with. But Christ has everything planned out for us. For some reason this child has come to be. You may not know yet but soon you will.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Even if it is to bless a family that can't have children. For now just love your daughter and comfort her. This is not easy for her. I got pregnant at 17 and I couldn't even imagine giving up my child. It will be hard for her.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 8, 2008