would you sell a breast pump at a yard sale? or buy one?

i have a used breast pump that i am no longer using, its in great condition. would it be weird to put it in our yard sale saturday?

sweetjpea

Asked by sweetjpea at 8:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont think so. At the hospital they asked if I wanted to rent one...
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 8:06 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I wouldn't buy or sell one in a yard sale (or any other kind of used), no guarantee on sterility. You might have some luck on craigslist, there would be more people looking there than show up at your yard sale.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:08 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• i dont think it would be wierd but i think rhianna is correct if you dnt get to sell is there try a website or maybe a friend who needs one or you can save it in case you have another baby just make sure you boil the stuff once in a while or get new parts to oit when its used again
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 8:29 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I wouldn't
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:51 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• These pumps are single user pumps. The ones that you rent are designed differently, in such a manner that no milk particles can get into the motor, therefore are safe for multiple users. I'm assuming you are talking about a pump that is NOT hospital grade, in which case, technically, they should only be used by one person, as there is a (miniscule IMO) risk of milk getting into the inner workings and contaminating the pump. I would not use a pump that was used by someone that I did not know and trust, and would not purchase one at a yard sale.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• They say that if you change all the parts that come into direct contact with the milk, that it's ok to buy a used breat pump. I feel where you're coming from. I EBF, bought a pump & literally used it once!! When I have my garage sale I'm gonna put mine out, but maybe put it on craigslist first, just to see. I don't see a problem with it...maybe put a little note on it that says which parts to buy new or try to "educate" the new user on that.
    mandi0986

Answer by mandi0986 at 11:38 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I would not buy a used breastpump from anyone. The only person I would get one from would be either a family member or a really close friend, and even then I would still probably feel a little bit weird about it. Just my opinion but I don't think you should try and sell it at your yard sale.
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 10:37 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• someone might buy it you never know....I would never buy a used breast pump
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 11:14 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I wouldn't buy a use pump. I do agree that you might have a better chance on craigslist. It doesn't hurt putting it out at the yard sale if it doesn't sale try online.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 11:48 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• no it is gross and can make your child sick but if it was only used 1 or twice i understand
    raveispretty89

Answer by raveispretty89 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 27, 2010