What was the funniest thing about your baby's birth story?

For me it would have to be that my water broke in the middle of a cervix check, all over my OB, and dd had pooed in it....I wish I could have gotten the look on her face on camera lol

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 8:12 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• nothing real funny with my boys, but after my 2nd one, I kept asking if he was cute... that's all I wanted to know LOL

With my DD, when it came time to push (I had an epi BTW) I pushed once and out came her head and a big GUSH of fluid all over the midwife and hubby! OMG I thought it was so funny! I couldn't stop laughing long enough to actually push, the nurse told me the laughing was working just fine so me and her kept right on laughing :) Then when she was out, first thing I asked was "Is she still a girl?" I think I would have cried if she hadn't been LOL
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 8:15 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Nothing funny here but my nurse found some humor in the fact that with my middle son I was watching a lifetime movie about a nurse exchanging a newborn for a stillborn baby and then kidnapping it. Pretty good movie and I was bored since I was in the hospital with no contractions and pitocin going for 4 hours till they started.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:15 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My water breaking as soon as the doctor pulled the sheet over my knees to check me. It got all over him & I thought I peed on him. He was really cool about it though=]

And then, during that cervix check, they had my vag all out in the open, didn't close the curtain & my SOs mom walked in. I just screamed "Your mom saw my crotch!", she looked shocked & embarrassed then walked out lol. I laughed it off.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 8:17 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• The moment my oldest was completely out he started pooping everywhere - on the doctor, on the nurse, on the floor all the way over to the "baby care room" (there was a trail)... It was just so funny... He was out to get everyone...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:30 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• The first thing I said after she came out was "Is she still a girl?!" lol. For some reason THAT was SOOO important to me at the moment. I think a week's worth of sleep deprivation went into that thought process.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:31 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I dont know if i would find it funny but the look my husbands face was funny. When I was in labor with my daughter and it came to the pushing at one point I screamed "Fuck this hurts!" It was the first time my husband ever heard we swear and at that point we've been together for a year. He's face was priceless. He's jaw dropped and eyes bugged out and he said speechless, "You swear?" Of coarse I wasn't in the mood to talk about it so I looked at him with a dirty look and screamed "who gives a shit if I swear right now I'm having a bowling ball come out of me!"
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:34 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My first pregnancy...Contractions had been going on all night like dull menstrual cramps coming and going at irregular intervals and keeping me from sleeping well. I had been feeling slightly damp and had been checking for leaking for about an hour but couldn't really catch it happening...it felt like "settling dew". Then I had my first real contraction. It had a beginning and an end. I felt a bit more damp and so I woke up my husband to tell him things were getting started. As I rolled over to go check for leaking yet again, my water broke all over my hubby and the the bed! He was a nervous wreck and shocked when I insisted on getting in the shower to clean up before going to the hospital. He thought it was strange that I wanted to eat some breakfast between contractions on the way there.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• When I was having my first son the nurses had previouslly asked me if I wanted a mirror when it came to the pushing part and I said yes. Well I had been through 24 hrs of labor and it came the the pushing part. While I was pushing I was singing to a tape my Husband had made me and directing the nurses which way to put the mirror. They finally got the mirror just right just as my son's head popped out.
    dlshaner

Answer by dlshaner at 8:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Haha, well my husband kept saying "Just one more push, just one more, you're doing great", and it annoyed the crap outta me, so I looked at him and said "I love you, but shut up", LOL!
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:32 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Nothing funny happened with my daughter's birth, but when my son was crowning, my DH said " He has red hair!" It was the 1 thing we were certain of with him. My response~ "Oh, that poor kid!" lol It has served him very well over the last 12 years!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:56 PM on Aug. 17, 2010