WHAT TO DO MY 17 DAUGHTER IS PREGNANT PLEASE HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• You take a deep breath, gather your thoughts and then make a plan. Right now she needs someone in her corner. I am sure she is scared to death and the most important thing is to let her know you are there for her. I am sure you have so many emotions going on right now. But getting mad or angry isn't gonna change the fact that she is pregnant. Sit down and talk with her. Be supportive of whatever decision she makes. If she wants to adopt the baby out, that's her choice, but if she wants to keep it, she needs to know that her mom is there supporting her decision. She's 17, and I'm sure a smart girl. (Although some might debate that being as she's pregnant.)
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 8:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• ok i was 17 when i got pregent with my lil gurl and i agree with TheDiva she just really needs some one to be there for her and its going to test the strangth of u and her so just stay clam and support her in what she wants or needs to do even if that means just sitting there and crying i wish u both the best of luck and rember stay clam
    lilmom_biglife

Answer by lilmom_biglife at 9:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I was 16 when I got pregnant and I have to agree with both of the previous responses. My mom was a rock. She may have been disappointed in me, but she was right by my side and supported me 110%. That is really all she needs right now. You will need a plan at some point but if she just found out and is not very far along, right now...she is just trying to accept this really happening to her.. She is likely beating herself up enough for both of you(even if you don't think so) I promise she is. Good luck to both of you.
    livinNgrace

Answer by livinNgrace at 9:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Be there for her the mistake is already made. Be happy she confided in you and that you have alittle one on the way. You both have meny options and you have to pick the one you can live with. There is abbotions (very hard to live with for some woman esspecally young woman), Open addoption where you get to see the little one grow up but you don't do the raising, closed addoption (speaks for it's self), and keeping it the world isn't over and her life hasn't come to an end she just has to change a few things.
    Leauna

Answer by Leauna at 10:07 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I would also talk to the father's parents regardless of the path you chose so that they understand your daughters decition. One thing I do want to prepair you for is if she decided to keep the baby or have the baby the school she is at will try and have her go to an alternitive school or an offsite program. She does NOT have to do this!! (this happened to my best friend our sinor year) She can go to school at her regular school AND graduate with her class AND walk with them. The school has no right to HIDE her just because she is pregnant. Stand strong both of you and you will make it through this. Best of luck
    Leauna
    Leauna

• My 17 year old daughter just had a baby. She got pregnant when she was 15. Had the baby when she was 16.
    Breathe. I know that you are feeling many emotions right now. I always talked to my kids about SEX. But I never thought that this would happen to my daughter. My daughter was on birth control pills because her period was not regular. My daughter and the babies father just broke up. They were together for almost 2 years. He has her every Wed. and every other weekend. My daughter is back in school and it's very hard on her with the baby. I take the baby to day care everyday and pick her up on my way home from work.
    Hug your daughter and tell her it will be ok. I know that she is scared. Just love her and hug her.
    Feel free to write back if you want to talk. I am here if you need me.
    grandma0317

Answer by grandma0317 at 10:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I was 17 and pregnant and my mom moved my babies daddy into the house, he later became my....now ex husband. Anyway Just be there for anything or everything. Do not add any comments or thoughts, just be there...That is what will help her...Also do not make her feel she HAS TOO keep the baby...She will only resent you and the baby in the long term...Also make sure she is eating right and ask the school about a teen mom program.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:41 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Just be there for her and her decisions.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:43 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Don't force adoption on her. Do you really want to give up your first grandchild regardless of how the baby came to be? Think about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I agree with the Moms and be there for her, support her and let her know you are on her side. I had an abortion when I was 17 and regret it to this day, I had a supportive Mom, but, I did not truely understand what really happens thru the abortion and the feelings, regret and life you end. It will all work out, you sound like a very loving and concerned Mom.
    Anonymous