Should I take him to the hospital?

my dog has worms. I just found a worm in my sons stroller where he was eating from. Im TERRIFIED that he might have eaten one! Should I take him to the hospital?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 8:19 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would just call your usual doc in the morning and ask what they suggest. It's not like the ER can do anything at this point, and he will be exposed to a lot more communicable diseases while he waits to be seen. Your regular doc may want to check stool samples periodically to see if anything shows up but other than that it's a matter of 'watch and wait.'
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:59 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• there's nothing the hospital can do. They'll tell you to wait and keep an eye on his poop. If in a week or 2 you see worms in your sons poop, take him to his doctor (not the hospital since it's not an emergency)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 8:21 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Even if he ate one, the hospital can't do anything.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Call the pedi in the morning.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I would just to be safe, but thats me
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I would feel more comfortable taking him though and my SO thinks Im over reacting!
    Alysia_Moore

Comment by Alysia_Moore (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I agree with your SO but by all means if you want to take him, get off the computer and take him. You asked our opinions LOL
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 8:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Just call and see what they tell you.
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 8:43 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Call the hospital in the morning and see if they check stool samples, if they say no, call a vet's office and see if they check human stool samples, if they do, they could write to your doc the findings so your doc can write a prescription.
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 8:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Oh, and it would take some time for this to show up in your son's stools, so I'd have him rechecked in like a month or so, as a vet, they'll tell you how long it takes to show the worms.
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 8:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2010