How do you handle a five year old that is never satisfied?

tcynne

Asked by tcynne at 8:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• In what way exactly? like nothing he/she has is good enought type thing? I'd take them to a food bank or soup kitchen and show them people that REALY are in need. Hopefully they will realize that they actualy have it pretty good.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 8:27 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• After being with me. They would learn to be satified. I would show the 5 year old. You do not get everything you want. the kid would get only what it needed. Tell the kid learned.

Answer by louise2 at 8:29 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• In what way?
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:34 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Well anythng I try to do for her, she decides she wants it another way. For example, she normally eats her bread with the ends off. I will make her a snadwich and take off the ends and she decides that she wants the ends on. Or if I decide to let her wear her hair her favorite way, she decides she doesn't want to wear it that way today. She is so cranky sometimes, my gosh. But I could go on and on.
    tcynne

Comment by tcynne (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Try this for a while. Do not give her a choise. On anything. Tell her this is the way it is going to be done.

Answer by louise2 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I say no more choices....if she wants you to do things for her, then she either accepts your way of doing things, or she learns to do it herself! She's manipulating you and pushing your buttons. Tell her, take it or leave it!! LOL

When she realizes you're not her "lady in waiting" and starts showing you some respect, then you can maybe offer her a choice. But, if you do, tell her clearly that you reserve the right to take away the choices!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:25 PM on Aug. 21, 2010