Walk on a treadmill or free walk?

I have a treadmill, but I much prefer just getting out and walking around the neighborhood. With a treadmill, I can get lazy and step off after 5 minutes, but if I'm out walking, I'm more likely to finish (because after all I have to get from point A to point B.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in

• Free walk!! I had been wanting a treadmill for a few weeks and when i finally got it it I ran/walked on it for about a week...now it stands folded up in the corner and havent been used in months....i get tired just looking at the treadmill but I can go outside and walk for hours...
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 8:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I could never understand people that have one. Hello, go outside!! Even in hot weather, go at night, or in the mornnig. Getting back home makes it so that you have to keep going, instead of just jumping off.
    I'd much rather smell the fresh air, hear the birds, see flowers, that stare at my feet walking or at a wall lol
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 8:29 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• free walk
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Same here i like to walk i am giving my treadmill to my friend tomorrow she really wants one i have used mine maybe once or twice..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 8:29 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• free walk
    shortstuff69

Answer by shortstuff69 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I do like to get outside and walk, but a lot of the time I like the treadmill better because a) People can't see me and judge me by my fat body and b) I tend to walk twice as far on a treadmill than I do outside.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 8:48 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Treadmill in the winter and bad weather; outside when the weather is nice.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• If I had a treadmill I would walk on it every day. I don't walk around my neighborhood there's too many trouble makers that live here.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:29 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• well treadmills are nice when there is 6+ feet of snow outside but other than that ya it would gather dust to be honest.....
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 8:31 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I prefer the treadmill. I hate having strangers see me sweat and I'm less likely to really move my butt in public the way I would on a treadmill.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:31 PM on Aug. 17, 2010