Flying with a two year old on a flight that leaves well after her bedtime...advice?

My dd's bedtime is at 7pm, but our flight doesn't leave until 1:30am. This means we will have to be at the airport by 11:30pm. How do you think my daughter will respond? Do you think she'll be awake all night long?

At home she RARELY wakes up in the middle of the night. But with the taxi ride to the airport, going thru security, the bright lights and people, etc, she'll definitely be awake for at least an hour or so...maybe more.

Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• Believe me, by now I'm an expert when it comes to this (been on the planer quiet a few times with LOs) she will just fall back to sleep. Let her sleep till the taxi gets there and wake her up to get her in the taxi, more then likely she'll fall asleep on the way there then she'll wake up through out the airport but once you're sited she fall back to sleep.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I think she'll probably sleep through it all. Hopefully.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• It really depends on how she is in general...some kids adapt to change easy and others do not...all you can do is make the best of it...believe me she won't remember this when she is 15, lol, it will all turn out just fine....
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:40 AM on Aug. 18, 2010