How canI teach anger control to my 7 year old son ?

A couple of weeks ago he has been moody, he cant control his frustration when he loses a game or he does not get whathe wants he slams the doors, and when I try to calm him down he gests worse I just leave him alone ,should I try relaxing music or yoga? thanks

happymom384

Asked by happymom384 at 8:38 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• First thing you need to do is find out what you have such an angry boy on your hands. Then deal with the cause rather than the behavior. Children don't get angry without a reason any more than do adults.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:39 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Then deal with the cause rather than the behavior. Children don't get angry without a reason any more than do adults. Something is causing it ..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 8:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• You need to find the source of his anger first, and if its just because he's losing, then you need to explain that life is unfair. Slamming doors just because you didnt let him have his way is time for parenting. Make him open and close the door 20 times every time he slamms it.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 8:51 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• ask him if something is wrong,is sad,upset,,,,,as long as hes not hurting himself,give him a few minutes to calm down,, if that does not work talk to his doctor and see what they say,,good luck and god bless,,,,,my son went through the change when his dad passed away., hes doing better and not as angry,,,,, good luck,, god bless!
    seexxymama4u2me

Answer by seexxymama4u2me at 9:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2010