Do you use a lot of eggs in foods you make?

I think I go through a great many eggs with all the cooking and baking I do on a regular basis. It takes eggs for pancakes, cookies or brownies, for batter when breading food to be cooked in a pan, for french toast, etc. How about you?

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Food & Drink

• we use 4-6 dozen eggs a week. scrambled eggs at breakfast is 1 1/2 dozen with 6 of us eating. one day i would love to raise my own cows and chickens!!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:09 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• eggs are cheap and healthy. they're great anytime of the day.
    tanper29

Answer by tanper29 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I use up at least a dozen a week. I grew up with chickens in the back yard so it kills me to pay for the little buggers!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:47 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Same here i too use a lot on a regular basis lol, omlettes my fav , eggs for pancakes, cookies or brownies, for batter when breading food to be cooked in a pan, for french toast, etc.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 8:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I only use alot of eggs if I am baking something or if I am making french toast. I do each every 1-2 weeks. Even I don't make the french toast I cook some sort of breakfast including eggs 1-2 weekly also. If I am serving salad as a main course, there is usually boiled egg in it.

NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:51 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Yes, we do.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I use a lot of eggs, some more weeks than others. We are blessed to have a family from whom we buy fresh eggs right on the farm. They are so good and fresh!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:58 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Yes, we go through about 3 dozen a week with 2 adults, a 6 yr old and a 2 and 1 year old.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 9:23 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• We go through 8 to 10 dozen a month. I bake a lot and cook from scratch, and the family likes omelets at least twice a week for breakfast. With 7 in the family, you bet we go through a lot!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:24 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Depending on what is on the menu, egg salad sandwiches, tuna salad w/ eggs, chef salad w/ diced hard boiled eggs, brownies, strata and it sure uses a lot but they are cheap.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:43 PM on Aug. 17, 2010