i got a paper cut on my eyeball

my daughter accidentally hit me in the eye with a birthday invitation and my vision has been blurry all day. its not going away. if anything its getting worse. it stings, should i go to the doctor? this happened to anyone else? or other similar injuries?

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 8:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Health

• I would contact an opthamologist in the morning.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I would go to the ER/eye doctor fast....Please do not take any chances when it comes to your eyes....
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 8:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• yikes. My mom had a bug fly into her eye once. Then when she was trying to get it out, it boke into pieces and scratched her eye (all the eye, the whites, the cornea, everything) all up as well as her eye lid. Then some of it was caught way up in her eye. Anyways, she had to be put on some kind of eye drops. Not that your is this severe. But I would call the eye dr first thing in the morning....or have someone take you right when they open and expect to be seen immediately.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I only have one eye (and one prosthetic), so I'm very aggressive in treating any eye injury. If it were me I'd be getting it seen right now, at least by the ER doc to rule out something major and go from there as to seeing an optometrist or opthamologist.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:37 PM on Aug. 17, 2010