Can my 8 year old stop sitting in a booster seat yet???

Okay can my 8 year old stop sitting in his booster seat yet?? If not when can he stop using it?

Butterflymom101

Asked by Butterflymom101 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Check your state's laws.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 8:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• How much does he weigh?
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 8:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I think it depends on what state you live in. In Pa they can stop when they're 8 as long as the seat belt doesn't cut into their neck. But if his feet don't touch the floor (flat on the floor) it probably isn't safe yet. I took my 8 year old out of his but he sits in the back of our SUV and his feet are flat on the floor. If he sits in the middle row I make him sit in a booster still.......he doesn't sit there very often!!
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:56 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• we live in fla.yea his feet are flat on the floor i will check are state law
    Butterflymom101

Comment by Butterflymom101 (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My 8 year old  is still in a booster. Legally, he doesn't have to, but the strap doesn't cone across him correctly without being in the booster. I agree with checking your state law.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• its usually 54 inches and 100 lbs

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Florida does not have any height/weight requirements. Only age... They are required to be in a carseat til age 3, booster seat til age 5. So your son is 3 years past the required age for your state, and at the "up to" age for other states, but some states to have height/weight requirements, so if you'll be doing any traveling check before you go - but I would say generally, you are okay to quit.

Here's the laws by state - http://www.elitecarseats.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=car_seat_laws

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:30 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• It's TOTALLY depended on your state laws!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2010