I (accidentally) hurt my daughters feelings? adult content

I am pregnant with my second, and I have a daughter thats 2. She gets very upset when she sees me get sick (throw up). The other day I was changing her poopy diaper and I said ' Ooh its a stinky one' jokingly and with a smile, but I got one more wiff of it and counldn't help it, I threw up right there into the trash can. Now every time that I ask if she poopied? She gets a scared look on her face and says no even if she did. She used to have no problem telling me before. When I try to change a diaper with poop now, she says ' Don't' and covers her eyes when I do. How can I make her more comfterable with my pregnancy???? I feel horrable

leksismommy

Asked by leksismommy at 8:51 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ohh! thats so sad! i dont think her feelings are hurt though. i think she is afraid of making you throw up. i would just reasure her that its because of having a baby in your belly not because she is gross,
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 8:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• She will get over it if you just act like it never happened. It may take a few days, but she will get over it. And just don't ask her if she's pooped. Surely to goodness you can smell it and not have to ask.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Talk to her and explain to her what's going on and that mommy is ok even thing is ok. That it's nothing bad for her to be upset about and that it will go away.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 9:03 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I think is a perfect opportunity to introduce "poop belongs in the potty". She just might catch on extra quick since she is already sensitive to it
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 9:16 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• awwwww! Poor little girl, lol. She shounds so sensitive like my dd.
    Talk to her and tell her that her poopy doesnt make you sick or throw up that you just werent feeling good. Make sure she knows its not her fault. Shes probably embarressed and feels like she made you throwup,poor thing.
    Its not your fault either! Just talk to her and reassure her..your morning sickness stuff will pass soon enough and she will probably forget about it.
    Good luck! Hope you feel better soon.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• tell her that her poop dont make you sick...that your body is changin just for a lil while to keep her lil bro/sis happy...and i agree with what maureen-md wrote...gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:56 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• oh thats horrible but i dont think its her feelings that are hurt she probably thinks your going to trow up again and you will get mad at her. just reassure her that its ok if she poops. and try your best to not trow up in front of her. and reward her when she actually tells you she pooped so she can figure its ok to tell you andfor her to poop
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 11:40 PM on Aug. 17, 2010