Macaroni & Cheese done a little differently?

Macaroni and Cheese is a household food. However, have you ever tried to make macaroni and cheese a bit different from the traditional way like adding hotdogs, or changing it a bit by adding other cheeses., or bread crumb topping. I've seen lobster with macaroni and cheese used on one of the cooking shows.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I make a creamy cheese sauce using a roux, half and half, American cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, minced garlic, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and mix with macaroni, then top with Parmesan before baking. My 23 yr old son, an unofficial mac & cheese expert, claims it's the best.

Matter of fact, it's on our menu plan for this Thursday!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:23 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Maybe add some bacon and tomato.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:03 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I remember my mom used to make homemade mac and cheese, with sharp and medium cheddar cheese, it was so delicious.
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 9:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My son loves his mac and cheese with tuna fish. I cannot stand it that way. But he has made that all the time while he was in college.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 9:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I make a mac and cheese with a provolone and mozzeralla cheese sauce, sauteed onions and peppers and chopped steakum, tastes like a philly cheese sub
    fangedangel32

Answer by fangedangel32 at 9:02 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My boys are allergic to wheat. So their pasta is glutten free. And one is sensitive to milk as well, so we do goats milk cheese. I make their mac and cheese from these 2 things.....and add veggies.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:15 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• mac and cheese with tuna and cream of mushroom soup and garlic salt yummy
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 9:06 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• how I make my mac and cheese is I boil the noodles then I drain the water and I add 3 -4 pieces of kraft singles cheese and the I add the cheese that came with it. Oh so good it tastes just like the valveta mac and cheese shells.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:10 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I just follow the directions on the blue box...lol

I do like it with diced ham and also with tuna - but not both at the same time...ewww..lol

Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 9:14 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I always add a handful of extra shredded cheese, and sometimes we add salsa and sour cream. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2010