Do you wonder ... or what do you think ...

When it comes to major sins; I am talking rape, murder, torture, pedifiles, etc... What do you think happens to their soul, even if they "repent" for their sins? I was pondering this today. I think a soul has it's specific journey here on earth. I also believe in reincarnation. I also feel that the soul maps out it's life here, which would mean that soul chose that direction to go, be it the perpetrator or the victim. So why would you choose to be a monster?? Or is that an evil presense consuming them? Nothing that I could ever figure out in my lifetime I am sure, but a lot to think about.

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 9:09 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Brutally honest here...

I think deathbed type confessions and repentance are garbage.

However, I do believe in reincarnation and in that we have lessons to be learned and what we dont get in one life we will get in the next.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:42 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• in the xtian faith, once a sin is repented, its forgiven..it no longer exists, basically. the consequences of a person's actions are still to be dealth with, but the 'sin' itself, is no more. the soul would be free..to go into eternity/Heaven if that person then dies. the xtian bible states, ''to be absent from the body, (the soul)is to be present with the Lord.''
    i don't believe in reicarnation, btw.
    idk about other religions' regards to 'sin' and souls.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:14 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Sin is all the same in the eyes of God. When the believer in Jesus Christ repents, it is all put under the blood and it's as if it never happened. To God, there are no big sins and little sins. There is just Sin. A lie is just as serious as murder. Gossip is just as big a sin as rape. Jesus died for all the sins of every man, big, little and middle-sized. When the believer in Jesus dies, he goes directly into the presence of the Lord, the Bible says, and if he has repented, his sins are remembered no more. Hallelujah!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:15 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Pergatory type place

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• A sin is a sin in Gods eyes. I believe that there may be certain degrees of sin, in other word, certain levels as far as if someone just keeps on keeping on and has no conviction of their wrongdoings. No one is perfect and we all sin every single day. It is in our nature. Jesus was the only perfect person who DIED for each and everyone of our sins and gives a a free gift of eternal life, so that we may know that we know that we know!
    arbnmom

Answer by arbnmom at 12:29 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• The Bible says that if you commit one sin, you're guilty of them all. Jesus said that if you have hate in your heart for someone, it's the same as murdering them, because of your heart's feelings. So everybody is guilty of murder, and any other sin, because nobody can live a perfect life. That's why we have a need for a Savior. Jesus died and paid our penalty for our sins by being rejected by the Father and going to Hell for us. We just have to accept that sacrifice. So if a person has accepted Jesus into their heart, then it doesn't matter what they do, they'll still go to Heaven. If a person has not accepted that, it doesn't matter how much good they do, they will still go to Hell.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 5:21 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I honestly believe we are all reunited with God when we die, no matter what we've done.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:15 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I agree with NannyB and as we are alive as much as we are aware and in the best of our ability we try to forgive others, and God says he'll forgive us when we do this. This is the most difficult for many people. Oh well, we are all under the same yoke of forgiveness.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 9:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I also believe that forgiveness if available to us through Jesus. I'm curious about your beliefs, OP. Just wondering what made you believe that the soul maps out its course and chooses to be (for example) a murderer or a victim. I think I'd have a hard time if that is what I believed. That might make it hard for me to truly have compassion on people who are suffering, if I believed that they somehow chose it.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 1:10 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I agree with NannyB but I also feel that they have to truly repent and only God knows for sure when they do. You can't just sin repent resin(same sin) again repent. Cause if you truly repent you wouldn't say rape again.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 2:10 AM on Aug. 18, 2010