preschool blues?

I have a three year old and I am a stay at home momma. We found out that she was excepted at preschool, but now I don't want her to go. Everyone tells me she is so well rounded, has a great vocabulary, and is very polite. I am worried that she will back track, that she will come back with an attitude, and picking up other bad things from classmates. I am alittle worried from the horror stories I have heard. Are preschool blues like this common? Anyone have any advice?

candle5

Asked by candle5 at 9:19 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yes it's common. It will do her fine. The socialization alone is going to be a lot of fun for her. Plus she will learn from others. Children that age are observant, and yes she will see negative things, but she will most likely learn from them as well. She will see the consequences to others choices, which could be a positive thing. You can't shield her forever, because if it's not preschool it will be kindergarten. I taught preschool and if it is an awesome classroom with a great teacher/s it will be more beneficial than negative!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:23 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I had 2 in preschool. Don't worry. If you notice any changes, talk to her about it. I'm sure she will love it like my boys did.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:24 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Send her, she'll LOVE IT.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Eveyone is telling me that it'll be ok, that my baby will love it. My son has special needs and I have major trust issues. I'm in the same boat. I feel for ya, but we have to let 'em go sometime right. If she is well rounded then she should do well. If you see some additude changes, which I'm sure at some point you will, nip it in the bud, before it gets outta hand!
    lmsar

Answer by lmsar at 2:20 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• She will grow to love it
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 12:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2010