Why is my 5 year old boy, peeing in the sink; garbage can; and just now a cup that people drink in!!!

I dont understand why he is doing this. can anyone help. an everytime he pees it in the bathroom; in the bathroom sink, in the tub, in the bathroom garbage can.....He just turned 5 yesterday. He doesnt pee his bed/pants. He has been potty trained since 18 months old. He's starting kindergarden Aug. 30th could this be why? Because he's scared of going to school. When he was a baby he was a binky sucker got him off of it at 14 months, than when I became pregnant with his sister, he was 4 he started sucking his thumb. And I dont know how to break him of that either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• sounds like pure laziness about going to the toilet to me. My cousin used to do that, he'd pee in any container to avoid getting up and going to the bathroom.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• one he can be scared of starting school and being away from you, 2 he wants more attention from you, or 3 its something new,, my opinion ask a doctor ,and if he stops duing it reward him with like a trip to the zoo,or something within your budget,,good luck,,, hopefull its just a phase,,,,god bless
    seexxymama4u2me

Answer by seexxymama4u2me at 9:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I can't tell you why they do it..but I can tell you a lot of boys do go through that stage. You have to get hold of it immediately. I know three women who just let it go and things got much worse. He is plenty old enough to understand that is unacceptable behavior. Have a talk with him. Let him know in exact words it is unacceptable and gross and will not be tolerated. Explain to him precisely what his consequence will be for peeing anywhere but in the toilet. If you think there are stress issues going on too you need to address those , persahps with a therapist but you have to deal with the peeing right now. My oldest did it worse than my youngest. but both my boys, my sisters boys, my cousins boys..all went thru this stage.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:37 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• He's a five year old boy. That's the reason. It's really that simple.
    He's curious and so he ventures out to find a place to pee. Could also be laziness too.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Oh my, I don't know. My boys never did that. Make him clean it where ever he pees if he can't pee in the toilet.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:33 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• ew I never heard of a kid doing this. Its worse than just regressing. I'd take him to the doctor. ask him whats going on?
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:42 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I DONT think its lazyness causing it. Becuase if it was he would have never made it to the bathroom sink. Its just a phase. Boys do it for some unknown reason. Its gross, but it happens. my little man liked to pee in the bathtub *outside of shower/bathtime) Talk to him stress to him that its not okay...

Or you can make him clean it up.... My friend did that with her son.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 5:37 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My son liked to pee down the vent in the bathroom. It was gross. He also drops his drawers and pees outside randomly, pees in cups, pees in strange places and on strange things. Honestly, it's just curiosity. Girls can't pee like that. A penis is like a shiny new cool toy to them. And it stays that way for the rest of their lives. Little baby boys grab and play with it, school age boys pee in strange places, and men...... they put it in stuff too. It's just another chapter of 'Look at what my penis can do".
    midnightshadow2

Answer by midnightshadow2 at 11:37 PM on Aug. 21, 2010