when you meet another women- say a neighbor what are you thinking about?

We moved into a new neighborhood and the women seem to be somewhat snobish. My husband and I are friendly people with two kids and my son right away made friends and there are some toddlers the same age as my daughter. Every time I try to talk to one of these mothers they act like they don't want to talk- we invited one neithbor over last night to see of there daughter wanted to play in the water with ours- again the husband comes over but the wife stayed at home- same thing happens with our other neighbor. I find it odd and am just wondering if this may just be "WOMEN" thing?I am a nurse and we have a respectful home so were not "dirty" or creeps of that sort!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Would you find it weird if the mothers came over to pick up the kids without the fathers? Maybe the wives are busier with work, or have more work in the home to do?
    annabellelee

Answer by annabellelee at 9:39 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• women are bitches
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Go over to their house..lol bring some cookies or something....Idk I moved to my house 3 months ago and dont know a single neighbor, my hubby knows a couple..but Im a quiet keep to myself person, hubby can start a convo with anybody. I have a hard time doing that.
    reyreybella01

Answer by reyreybella01 at 9:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• women have their cliques and it can be hard to break in. Just be yourself, be genuine and I am sure they'll come around -- if they don't, then you don't need friends like that anyway. As long as their children treat your children well, and the women are respectful towards your children then leave it be. You'll find friends who you click with better. You don't need to impress them and you don't have to be friends with them just because your kids play together. If they're going to be so snobby that they can't even be polite with you then find other people to spend your time with.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• is that what the other mothers think? that i'm a snob?? this has just happened to me, maybe. we moved to a new town 2mos ago, and my dh/ds have met and know two families by name, age, rank, and serial #. in fact, we were in a restaurant the other night, and one of the families came in, spoke very openly and friendly dh/ds, and walked on. i figured it was a customer of his, or someone from headquarters. (no, he did not introduce me..goofball dh!)
    he told me who it was, and i said, 'oh really? huh. i wouldn't have known.'...because when my dh is home and does father/son things, they've gone exploring, walking the neighborhood, etc. my dh sees nothing wrong with walking right up to someone house and starting a conversation..and once the ds sees kids, well..you know they're there for a bit.
    this always happens when i've left the house on a 'momma-errand', in the shower, busy with cleaners and rags, etc.
    but i'm not a snob! lol!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:48 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• No, it's not a "Women Thing".
    Either they have their clique or they're just very socially awkward people.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:48 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• The Stepford Wives... Maybe? LOL!
    EricsMomma31

Answer by EricsMomma31 at 9:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2010