i figured this was the best place to ask. is this postpartum depression? it has nothing to do with my baby

i gave birth 3 weeks ago and i love my little girl so much. it seems like i break down crying over nothing and i've been picking fights with my husband over nothing which kills me because i love him so much. i don't feel like i can't handle the mom thing. i stay up with her when she just wants to be held, i wake up to feed her. i mean it really has nothing to do with her. in fact it's more little things that my husband does like when i'm trying to fall asleep if i hear his phone go off or something i'll leave the room and hit pillows in the living room and then break down crying. that's not me. i've never acted like that. it's like i have such a short fuse. is it ppd?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Health

• I would call your OB office. They will ask you certain questions and direct you to a psychiatrist and therapist if needed.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• could be. could also just be plain ol' stress of being a new mom. Your reactions to him are most likely from feeling like he's not helping you - you're doing all the feeding and staying up with her, etc. His routine hasn't really changed much from having a baby but your world is basically upside down (or at least that's how it felt for me)

talk to your doctor
    ask hubby for help with the baby!
    get someone (even hubby) to watch baby while you take some ME time!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Your hormones are out of wack and it is quite normal to have moodswings. Postpartum depression is like a mood roller coaster for some women, as they swing from the heights of elation and joy to the depths of despair and sadness, at times cycling up and down rapidly and often. They may be more irritable and more easily angered or upset than in the period before pregnancy or delivery,
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 9:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• HE DOES HELP WITH HER. he feeds her, changes her diapers. if he see's i'm tired and she starts fussing he'll go see what she wants and he works a full time job working third shift. i'm not stressed from being a mom. she's the perfect baby. she never cries and she falls back to sleep right after eating and sleeps for hours
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:48 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Did you quit breastfeeding? When I quit bfing even thought I slowly weened and did it till my dd was 20 months, my hormons still went crazy about a month after, alot of emotion ups and downs for a few weeks.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 9:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• i could be just a lack of sleep, your body moving back, and your hormons balancing out again. see what you are like after you get some solid sleep-obviously you need my need some help for that. get a shower, make yourself pretty for yourself, and have a few minutes for you. if after that you still dont feel right you may want to talk to your doctor. i know you can do this momma thing-if you couldn't you wouldn't have had the baby and you wouldn't be taking care of her in such a great way. best of luck. just trust yourself and relax.
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 9:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• i don't have a lack of sleep!!!!! my baby sleeps all the time and so do i
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• i dont know if thats what it is but thats exactly how i felt and i still do and my baby boy is 8mos old now. me and my husband never really fought but its like after i had him a few weeks went by and i was just so emotional and sometimes even the littlest thing said to me will make me cry. ill be having a great day and if im in the car ride home or at the store ..basically anywhere.. i just have that moment where i want to cry and its frustrating because its like you dont know why! i contacted my doctors and they all told me the same thing and i just got irritated with them and i refuse to call them but they said its not depression its just the way my hormones are and just give it a few months and it shall pass. well news flash to them he will be 9mos and im worse than ever!! hope this helped and good luck!! hope you can figure out a way to relax.. =]
    xsbnix

Answer by xsbnix at 10:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Its your hormones.. don't worry it will all get leveled out in the next few weeks!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 11:30 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• OP why are you yelling at people that are trying to help you?? Call your Doc ASAP - It may be that your hormones are out of whack, you have PPD or you are bipolar! Either way you need help!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Aug. 17, 2010