When they inducded your labor, whats it like ?Is it any different? Last time mine water broke at home, but this time they want to inducded a week early..

nflowers4

Asked by nflowers4 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well, I was 10 days overdue. They broke my water at 9:00, checked me at 10:00 and nothing had happened, so they started me on pitocin to get the labor going. That worked!! And very quickly. I started pushing at 1:25 and had my daughter at 1:58. Breaking the water was easy, the doc just put this thing that looked like a knitting needle up there and broke it, I really didn't feel anything at all, except the gush of water. The pitocin kinda sucked. It brough labor on hard and fast. I had to have a shot of nubain because it just came on so fast. After that shot I was ok though, because it wore off slowly over about a half an hour, and then I did the rest by myself. I had HORRIBLE headaches afterwards though, but Tylenol took care of them. All in all, not a bad experience!!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 8:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I was induced for my first pregnancy. From what I understand, and it felt this way too, the contractions come MUCH quicker then a natural labor and MUCH MUCH MUCH stronger.........not to scare you.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 8:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• It was fine for me except I am very small and even with the smallest dose of petocin it was to much and so I had one constant contraction that lasted ten minutes straight and they had to give me a shot to stop it so my baby's heart beat would go back to normal. But other then that it was all just fine and I got an epidural so I felt like nothing at all it was GREAT!!!!
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 8:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I was induced my 1st and 3rd pregnancy. The pain seems worse. Not hugely worse, but worse. My labor was over 22hrs with my 1st and about 12hrs with my 3rd. After the first it gets easier. My 2nd I was feeling labor pain all day then the plug burst and then I went to the hospital and they were going to send me home, but my water broke right after the midwife said that. I was in labor 17hrs that time.
    raenad

Answer by raenad at 8:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• WOW. Even after the epideral I still felt pain all 3 times. It was much easier to deal with though. I always hear that women feel nothing after the epideral, I wonder what that feels like!!!
    raenad

Answer by raenad at 8:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Two out of five of my pregnancies were induced. I won't lie to you. The contractions come harder and faster. After the first induction, I had an epidural with the second. I truly recommend the epidural!!! The nice thing about being induced is you can plan for the pregnancies. Grandparents and friends know exactly when you are going in. My parents had to travel six hours to be here to take care of the other children at home. So they knew exactly when to come. Good luck and Congrats!!!
    momaiminghigh

Answer by momaiminghigh at 9:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I was induced with my only child. I didn't feel anything until after she broke my water! Then the contractions came fast and hurt so bad! They went from none to every 3 mins. I am not going to be induced with my second unless I have too.
    jflowers

Answer by jflowers at 5:03 PM on Oct. 10, 2008