Need some advice

What exactly do you have to have proof of to get a restraining order against someone? This individual is of possible harm to me and my husband and children. I have nightmares about it for years. He threatened to kill me a few years ago and sexually assalted me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• just talk to the police, can't do anymore harm to let them know, even if it was out of the time laps
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 9:55 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• You can go get a temporary one then set a court date for a perm.
    I got one on behalf of my son against his mentally slow adopted uncle. All I went to court with was my verbal version of why I wanted the protection order plus I had a written signed letter from my ex husband explaining that we both feared for our sons safety around this person.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:11 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• The police will be able to tell you all that you need to know.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:51 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I was told you don't need any proof. You can just have a restraining order against someone who makes you uncomforatable
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 5:11 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• REally depends on the state you live in. In Ohio they dont do restraining orders they are called Civil Protection Orders and super hard to get.
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 2:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2010