Should I be worried my 2 yr barely eats?

He seems to eat anything and isnt picky but the quantity he eats is very slim.

Jess_ProudMommy

Asked by Jess_ProudMommy at 10:00 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's normal for kids to go through eating phases that correlate with their growth.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 10:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• As long as he is offered food on a regular basis they will be fine. My pedi told me when my LO went through this phase is that they will eat when they are hungry.
    DustiC

Answer by DustiC at 10:03 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Normal. Remember, their tummy is the size of their fist. May not seem a lot to us parents, but they get enough. If he is hungry, he will let you know.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Children will eat if they are hungry! My boys sometimes eat like birds, and other times like pigs!! LOL Keep offering a variety of healthy foods and snacks, and they'll eventually eat! I have found that when they are on a regular course of vitamins, that they tend to eat more! :O)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:29 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• If he is getting enough nutrician, not lacking any vitimins, and is maintaining a healthy weight then he's fine. You should only worry if he is lacking in nutrician, losing weight, or is under weight. Talk to his pediatrician if you need more information on this.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:48 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• i agree with the other ladies...keep on keepin on...gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:58 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• its normal dont expect him to et a whole plate of food like we do. usually they eat a little bit of food if you have concern about how much he is eatig or waht he is eating you can ask your doctor if she needs any vitamins. or unless you see him eatin gonce a day or somethign. jut try to incourage himto eat healthy. their stages where they eat more sometimes they only want to eat one thing or sometimes they dont want to eat anything just talk to his doctor and she will tll you what is rigth for him good luck mom
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 11:37 PM on Aug. 17, 2010