swear words that aren't swear words

My hubby is having a hard time quiting swearing. He is a corrections officer that works with some potty mouths to put it nicely and it is wearing off on him. I was wondering what are some phrases that you have heard or use in place of swear words that I can give him as a suggestion? That way he won't be teaching our children some of the inmates potty mouths, or he can use on the inmates to take them off gaurd.

candle5

Asked by candle5 at 10:08 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• Fudge instead of f**k, Shiznit or shitaki mushrooms instead of shit and Beach instead of bitch, I have a really bad mouth too I try to say these in public.
    pinkebabii

Answer by pinkebabii at 10:12 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I once heard someone say blankety blank blank blank. I cracked up! My fav is tater sauce! That will get some responses. Oh ketchup, mustard biscuits, just anything really.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 10:13 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• fudge
    darn
    cheese & crackers (hehe thought that was a cute one for Jesus Christ)
    shoot

um... watch those Orbitz gum commercials too! those will give you lots of ideas like lint licker and cootie queen
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:16 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• my son says "what the snack"... it's a fam fav :)
    mariposalee

Answer by mariposalee at 10:17 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I hired a new assistant a few months ago and she's a born again christian. I had a (bad) habit of saying "jesus christ" alot. Knowing this would "bother" her, I adapted it and have been saying "cheese and rice" instead. It draws a few stares from my friends at happy hour on a Friday, but I'd rather have that than offend my awesome assistant!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 10:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• When I wanted to cuss I would say lord jesus in place of tha bad words. Now I barely cuss at all.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 10:30 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Son of a batch of cookies,
    Sugar Honey Ice Tea. (get it?)
    Fudge it
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 10:37 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I say mother trucker and son of a biscuit eater. I have a mouth like a sailor so it's very hard for me, but I do try for my kids sake.
    blessedmama4

Answer by blessedmama4 at 10:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I say "Blessit" instead of "Damnit"
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:43 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I will also sometimes just say the 1st letter like What the h?
    blessedmama4

Answer by blessedmama4 at 10:43 PM on Aug. 17, 2010