What are some home remedies for soothing a gassy baby

She is constantly crying and passing gas,also she's seems more cranky at night when we are trying to get her to lay down..

mommacalvin

Asked by mommacalvin at 11:06 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We always massaged my son's lower back to help him pass gas.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I don't know of any home remedies but I always used Little Tummies gas relief. Its totally safe. You can give it to your child like every hour of every day! It helps a lot. Also when feeding try not to let the baby suck down air bubbles from the bottle.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:09 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Move her legs in a bicycle like motion, lay her on her tummy and rub her back, burp her more frequently during feedings, and if all else fails, milicon or gripe water work beautifully.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:11 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• try doing the bycycle with her legs. that always helped my kids. but i would press their knees against their belly then stretch them out and keep doing that for a little while. they loved it because it was like play time and after a couple minute they will be tooting away and much happier. also i used little tummies gripe water which is all natural and it seemed to calm their tummies and help them relax.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:11 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I always did the bicycle leg rotations with my son. It worked wonders!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:13 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• gripe water and also a warm shower
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 11:17 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Are you breast feeding? The foods you eat can pass the same properties that cause gas, through your breast milk. If you are BFing try eating bland foods that cant cause gas. If the baby is Formula fed, buy a can of Alimentum! It is expencive but SO worth it. My DD was diagnosed as colic, with horrible acid reflux. I decided to give alimentum a shot (since the rest of my family is lactose intolerant) Within 24 hours, we had a completely different baby!!! She was an angle!

Also, sit baby up an hour after eating. I would put my baby in the boppy pillow or in the swing. So she was upright position. Another thing to try is bicycle kicks. Hold babys feet and stretch them one at a time, out then in to his tummy- as if he were riding a bicycle.
    Also, this website helped a lot!

http://www.pollywogbaby.com/cat--how-to-calm-a-fussy-baby--WhiteNoise.html
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 4:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Use gripe water or tea. If you're breast feeding, you can drink the tea yourself and have it pass through your milk. If not, just use a teaspoon of tea every 20 minutes until the fussiness passes. The tea can be made of a combination of chamomile, catnip, fennel, dill, and/or ginger. My favorite recipe is equal parts of all of these. One tablespoon of herb mixture per cup of boiling water.

Good luck!
    kestrelscall

Answer by kestrelscall at 9:12 PM on Aug. 18, 2010