when and how did you turn your breech baby?

happy2bmom25

Asked by happy2bmom25 at 11:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I never experienced a breech baby personally. However my friend did yoga which allowed they baby to turn around.
    kashikirino

Answer by kashikirino at 11:27 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• you cant i dont think....while in labor your dr and can attempt it i think..
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 11:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Optimal positioning is probably the safest route to go.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• ive heard of a way to turn the baby that the doc can do with the aid of an ultrasound but i hear its painful and not always successful. if still early in the pregancy they may just watch and wait. then ive heard of breech babies turning at the last minute before labor. but i never had that problem mine were in position and ready weeks ahead of time.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Breech babies often turn right before labor begins or during labor.

Hot and cold packs encourage the baby's head to move toward the heat. Chiropractic help can turn babies. Some doctors and midwives do an external version where they turn the baby.

I know a lot of women who talked the baby down.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:06 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My sister went in for her c/s because my niece was breech and when they did an u/s to check her position she had turned on her own.

I had an u/s at my non-stress test to check my baby's position and he was head down. That was on a Mon, between then and Thu he had turned breech - which we didn't discover until I'd been in labour for 16 hours. I was 41+ weeks.

They can and do turn until labour and birth.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:20 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Forgot to say my baby turned on his own, the little bugger.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:21 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I would imagine it would depend on the size of the baby. I was 39 weeks when my last child was born and he was breech. They had to do a c-section because he was almost ten pounds.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:21 AM on Aug. 18, 2010