Can a c section scar tear during second pregnancy?

I had a c section in November, I'm 24 weeks pregnant now. I have really bad pain on my right side right where I had my incision. My skin is fine, I'm concerned about under my skin. It kinda burns a little, especially when I move my right leg and lay down and sit up and stand up. Should I be concerned? Or is this normal?

xmama_bellax

Asked by xmama_bellax at 11:31 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No. It's pretty secure! LOL! What you are feeling is just your skin stretching in general. I know it's something that goes through your mind though.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:34 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• It was my understanding that the general recommendation to wait 18+ months between pregnancies after a c-sec because of complications related to the scar.

So yeah, if it's painful and you're concerned, go get checked out.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 11:36 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My doctors didn't tell me anything about waiting to have another child, so that's why I'm wondering if its normal for it to hurt or not.
    xmama_bellax

Comment by xmama_bellax (original poster) at 11:39 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• You should have waited. Yes, it can tear. Normally I wouldn't be so concerned about it but you should have waited longer and let your body heal more.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Yes, it can tear. My friends uterus was actually tearing from her previous csection and it was an emergent situation. THey had to take the baby right then. I'm not trying to scare you, but yes, it can be very serious so please get checked out.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:56 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I didn't have a c section but I did have a uterine surgery with a major scar. I had adhesions and scar tissue tear away starting around 14 weeks. Your health care provider should Be monitoring this for you. If you begin bleeding, go straight to the ER.

Most people, it is just discomfort. Less than 1% have real complications.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:03 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I was told to wait 2 years after a c-section. Go get checked out!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:03 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Well, how long ago did you have the first child? If the babys are back to back then I would say yes, it can be tearing. You arent supposed to tattoo over a scar for 1+ years after, becaus the scar tissue can tear easily
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 4:13 AM on Aug. 18, 2010