why

Why does it seem like everytime someone gets going OK there always seems to be something that pushes them farther down then before?

Mommy2Be1212009

Asked by Mommy2Be1212009 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Money & Work

• Thats just the way life is but don't stay down too long. Pick yourself back up and start again:)
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 9:13 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I firmly believe that we all have our fair share of good and bad times. Some get their bad times early and some later in life. Some have it strung out over a period of time. There have been times when this way of thinking has come in handy and got me through a bad time. I just figured it was my time and soon the good will come back. It may sound "Pollyanna like" but I am reasonably sure it does work.
    mom-n-grandma-4

Answer by mom-n-grandma-4 at 3:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I think that the bad times only help us to become stronger. I agree with picking yourself back up and keep on going.
    mommy_2_5

Answer by mommy_2_5 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Regardless of what trials life may bring you have to stand up stay strong and be positive. I used to wonder the same thing. I just couldn't understand why I couldn't make any progress. After some soul searching, I realize that I was the reason. I was worrying about things I couldn't change, always stressing about bills. It was a mess. I started to change my life by first practicing to see the positive in everything that I did. This was a task but well worth it in the end.
    tpalmer

Answer by tpalmer at 4:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I put up post its around the house that said things like 'I am successful', 'Don't stress about things I can't change', ' I am stress free', etc. I put them all around the house so I could see them. I wrote as if the things had alread happened. Then when I had to take care of something, I would focus on it long enough to make a decision then I would let it go. I also had to let a couple of negative people in my life go. Now I never feel like I have an weight on my shoulders, no matter what is going on in my life. It is a great feeling. You should try it.
    tpalmer