What's the easiest homeschool curriculum that doesn't cost much or anything?

I need to homeschool my 7th grader and need an inexpensive or free curriculum that is easy to use without much planning.

kristinas8

Asked by kristinas8 at 11:40 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in

• k12? It's like public curriculum at home and they provide everything I believe.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 11:43 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• We don't get K12 in WV.
    kristinas8

Comment by kristinas8 (original poster) at 11:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• check online and ask around other moms in the area. Maybe your dr knows. Not sure, child is just starting kindergarden!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:51 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Honestly, I have bought the pricey ones and made my own and it's so much easier, more efficent and cheaper to make my own. You figure out what you need to cover, do the research and then make your own.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• i homeschool and i do it myself. It's really not too hard because there is a lot of stuff online. i like using things from enchantedlearners.com but there are others as well.

Also, you might try asking this question in Happy Homeschoolers. its a very active group.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I am also a homeschooling Mom in WV, but my son is elementary age. What part of WV are you in?

You can notify the Board of Education that you need access to textbooks if that's the route you want to take. Feel free to contact me!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:34 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• check oline
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:07 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• online sorry
    san78

• We use Connections Academy. com We love it. All the books, work books and art supplies are free. The curriculum is laid out with online lessons and hard copy lessons plans complete with answers. but still really flexible and there is a minimum of two teachers for support. We had four last year. Also lots of clubs. In first grade we did science club, math club, book club, pen pals club, arts and crafts and the school magazine. This year we are adding chess club and Spanish and for third grade robotics club. Educational field trips at least once a month and three school wide picnics, plus whatever get- togethers the parents cobbled together for class parties. Last year we did, bowling night, wall climbing, bouncy houses (for all ages) and pizza parties. In elementary I do the majority of his lessons. By 7th grade it's mostly online in live lesson classrooms. Plus the clubs and electives are way cooler.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 7:41 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Before you going getting complicated though, check with your school district a surprising number of them now offer a homeschool/ virtual academy alternative free of charge since they still get their federal funding for it. Ours does, we just happen to think our district is poorly run.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 7:43 AM on Aug. 18, 2010