Bath tub

Anyone have any ideas on how to get a baby to quit trying to stand up in the tub? Every time she stands up I sit her back down tell her no ma'am and give her one of her toys but this has been going on for like 3 weeks now...

melissaaytes

Asked by melissaaytes at 11:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Get a bath seat. We had to get one for our DD. Works like a charm! GL!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dream-Baby-Deluxe-Bath-Seat/13213087?sourceid=1500000000000003260330&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=13213087
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 11:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• you find out how and let me know. mine did that as soon as she started to stand and now shes almost two and likes to get in and out of the tub again and again and again. so i just wash her up really fast and when she gets out the first time i wrap her in a towel and bathtime is over.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:47 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• lol my girl still does that sometimes and she's 2! Try to get her to sit by color bath cryons on the wall
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:47 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Oh, here is one in pink too.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?sku=16609412
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 11:48 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I should do that because she has so much fun playing in the tub! Getting her out most likely will teach her to not do that! LOL it was funny at first because she would stand up and put her hands on my shoulders and giggle, then give me a kiss and I would sit her down but now enough is enough!
    melissaaytes

Comment by melissaaytes (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• my daughter stands up all the time in the tub. she is 2 1/2. I don't see a problem with it. She sticks her foam letters on the wall. Pours cups of water on her belly. She sits down too. Sometimes I just give her a shower and she stands up for that.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My dd is doing that too, I just tell her no ma'am as well and sit her back down. I think it's going to take about a million tries to get her to stay seated, and by then she's going to be ready for showers lol
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:09 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• No. Just continue to do what you are doing. Babies do not have impulse control. It is something they ALL do. Enjoy it, don't stress. If you are concern about slippage, then put down a bath mat and keep encouraging a sit down or kneeling position. But standing isn't that bad pre-soap. Don't we stand in a shower all the time?
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:59 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I just put a mat down in the tub ans she eventually stopped on her own
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 11:08 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My daughter used to do that and we ended up buying her a sit.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 12:05 PM on Aug. 18, 2010