i've been trying to pregnant for almost 4 years and cant i think it wuz becuz of and infection is it still possible to get pregnant or is it not just for me right now?

babyworld

Asked by babyworld at 9:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• If you are meant to have a baby god will allow you to become prego if not there is a reason maybe a major reason why god wont allow you to become pregnant.
    Anonymous

• I would go have some test run at your doctors. They will tell you for sure what is going on and hopefully its something easily treated... or better yet its nothing and you just need to wait until God says its time =) GL... but def. go talk to your doctor
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 9:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Educate yourself on fertility and possibly seek treatment. Pick up a copy of Taking Charge of your Fertility and read it! I don't buy that bull about being "meant to have baby." Don't listen to the first reply, it is crap! Getting pregnant is not all that easy to do, unless of course you don't want to get pregnant. continued...
    petunia911

Answer by petunia911 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I feel that often people who think along those lines (1st reply) are those that got pregnant unintentionally and have to justify that their unplanned child wasn't a mistake, but something god planned. I mean, you'd have to think like that, because who wants to think their child was a mistake? Either that or they are just ignorant and don't truly all that is involved in conception! God doesn't make you ovulate, spread your legs, and achieve conception. That is something my niece, who is one of the most devout Christians I have ever had the honor of knowing told me when I brought up the topic of some women accidently getting pregnant and it being planned by god rather than birth control mishap or neglect. Please, educate yourself on the subject.
    petunia911

• yes you have to open your legs and have sex but God already knows that you are going to do that and you can ask any "DEVOUT" christian and they will tell you that GOD IS THE OPENER AND CLOSER OF THE WHOMB.
    Anonymous

• and know my children were not mistakes it only took the first time TTC with both of them to get pregnant.
    Anonymous

• I would recommend looking into fertility treatments if you haven't already... They can help a lot of the times... Keep faith Hun... God hears all prayers and answers them in time.

To petumia911: God can close your womb.. He did it to Rachel (Gen 29:31), He then opened her womb after hearing her prayers in Gen 30: 22... He also opened Sarai's (Sarah) womb at the age of 90, and she gave birth to her FIRST child Gen 21: 2... And even before that Abraham had to pray to God to open the wombs of Abimelech's household (Gen 20: 17-18) because God had closed them...

God can do anything that we believe is possible.. It only takes faith... Every womb that was opened in the scriptures I gave, were opened by prayer. God hears us, and He gave us the brains to develop technologies to help fertility along... But without faith and prayer, those wombs will remain closed despite medical technology, if God sees fit to keep the closed.
    RainShadow

Answer by RainShadow at 10:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Go see a fertility doctor. Some simple tests can help determine what the problem is and what you can do about it.

As for the comments that God will give you a child if he wants to... my mother taught me that God helps those who help themselves. Go see a doctor and give God a helping hand.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• God does help those who help themselves. You should go see a fertility specialist. (Skip your gyno, all they will do is put you on Clomid and you will become psychotic. I speak from experience.) But God also chooses whether or not to open your womb. I am infertile. I have never been pregnant, but I refuse to give up.
    Also remember that God chooses special women to raise unwanted children. Until my cousin's son came into my life (We are adopting him, praise the Lord!) I always felt like it wouldn't be the same. But love is love. Someone told me once "You love your husband, but he didn't come out of you, right?" Pray about it and definately seek medical attention. PM me if you need to talk. I've been down this road (Technically I am still there!), it is very scary!!!
    redneckstepmom

Answer by redneckstepmom at 1:18 AM on Oct. 8, 2008