Anyone else have extreme gas problems?? Help, it's incredibly frustrating and affects my everyday life...please don't make jokes, it's not funny.

I have had really bad gas for years now. I know it's not lactose intolerance because I have checked. I have gas at least everyday but usually once a week I have really bad smelling and constant gas. I mean it's like back to back gas. About once every two or three months I have excruciating gas pains. It's honestly the worst pain I have ever felt. It makes me naesous (spelling?) and dizzy and it last for about an hour. It will hit me out of no where and it feels like contractions kinda. I double over in pain and can barely walk. The last time I had it I was screaming in pain. It really is extremely embarrassing and I have to schedule things around my gas problem. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it associated with any other medical problems? I'm seeing a specialist soon finally because I finally have the money and insurance to be able to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It could be anything from your diet, to your digestive system. Hopefully the specialist can help you. Have you ever tried that Bean-o stuff? I've never taken it, but heard that it works. GL
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:57 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• sound like gluten intolerance
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:01 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• It sounds like you have a real medical problem that only your doctor can diagnose. Don't be too embarrassed to get help.
    jacejenkins

Answer by jacejenkins at 12:06 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• You should read about Diverticulitis because that would be my guess.
    jacejenkins

Answer by jacejenkins at 12:08 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I would recommend that you try going gluten free for 2wks. If that doesn't fix it I would try doing a dairy free 2wk trial.

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 12:09 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Are you taking YAZ birth control?
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 4:06 AM on Aug. 18, 2010