Whats a good way to get my 2 year old wanting to use the potty?

My 2 year old son will be 3 in december and has no intrest in using the potty he says he likes wearin his pull ups and he will freak out if i try to get him to use the potty what can i do? HELP PLEASE!!!!

jakesmom25

Asked by jakesmom25 at 12:06 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• he has to be willing. If you force it he will rebel big time. I suggest making the potty fun and suggesting it to him every day or so.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:10 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• rewards, rewards, rewards. and tell him that he is a big boy now and only babies wear diapers. thats basically what i did with my oldest and she was at the same age. but i also didnt use pull ups at all. it went from diapers to panties and i compared diapers to babies like her baby sister that was only a few months old. but once we started potty training all diapers went away. i belive i got a sample of a pull up and that was worst thing i tried it and she associated it to a regular diaper and went pee in it right away so that ws the end of that.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 12:12 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Wait, don't even talk to him about it for at least a month, maybe longer. Whatever you do don't push it or he'll still be having accidents at six.
    annabellelee

Answer by annabellelee at 12:08 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• They say boy's are harder than girls, but I used stickers because she was fascinated! It isn't a rewarding food or money, and eventually she forgot all about the stickers! It was a motivation, but after the initial week she would have been just fine with YEEEAAAAAHHH BIG GIRL and clapping your hands..
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 12:09 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• get rid of the damn pullups!!!! LOL Put him in underwear, let him pee in them a few times so he knows just what it feels like- pullups are fancy diapers. plain and simple. They are a waste of money in my book, I've never used them and my son was potty trained in two weeks, and my daughter in about a month. Same method for both. Eliminate sippie cups and put on the big boy pants. He'll learn what it feels like when he pees, then he'll start recognizing before he pees. My son learned this in just 4 accidents in one day. 5th time he ran for the potty down the hall, 6th time he made it on the potty (I also moved it to the living room! LOL our hall was long!)
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 12:16 AM on Aug. 18, 2010