Should I be offended?

My boyfriend has been in a funk for the past few weeks because he feels like he should be somewhere else in life other than where he is career wise, and he isn't being as affectionate. For over a week, he wasn't affectionate at all. He has started being a little more touchy feel recently, but still isn't kissing me as much as he used to, or cuddling, etc. He isn't the type to cheat and said it has nothing to do with me, so I'm wondering if I should take offense to his behavior? He told me tonight that he used to do all those things more but he became a tired old man in the last few weeks. I'm just wondering if I should take it personally, as mentioned before, or consider it a phase, because his lack of intimacy is starting to bum me out:(.

countrygirl1987

Asked by countrygirl1987 at 12:16 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• OH my, it sounds like your married!! Sorry Hun, I don't have anything for you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• haha, nope, not married. not yet. is this a normal thing to happen in a marriage?
    countrygirl1987

Comment by countrygirl1987 (original poster) at 12:26 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My husband goes through phases like this. try to get away for a weekend just the two of you anything were he can relax and get his mind off of work even for just a little while may help
    jen699

Answer by jen699 at 12:29 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• its a phase.
    pinkebabii

Answer by pinkebabii at 12:35 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• You didn't say how old he was. So how about a mid-life crisis?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:03 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• he is 22 years old.
    countrygirl1987

Comment by countrygirl1987 (original poster) at 1:04 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• its a phase.
    ladydi121

Answer by ladydi121 at 1:08 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• It's a phase. Being offended won't change anything. Instead of focusing on what you're not getting, how about trying to help HIM focus on what he DOES have, and helping him figure out a plan for getting where he wants to be? Your reward will be getting the affection you're seeking.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:19 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I wouldn't say that marriage is like that. As you said though he is in a funk. He is not happy with himself so why would he want to be intimate. In other words if he is not happy with himself then how can someone else be happy with him. You just need to give him a little space and he will snap out of it. You could always try to lift his spirits as well by planning something special.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:41 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I think the best thing to do is just reassure him how wonerful he is and how much you love him... the stress he id feeling is making him feel unmanly and men freak when they feel like this... it isn't you, just try to be patient... I'm sorry you are going through this *hugs*
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:14 AM on Aug. 18, 2010