Do you let your teens stay up later than you?

My dh goes to bed really early so I'm the one who has to make sure everyone is safe and sound in their rooms and beds. My teens think I'm the only one who doesn't let them stay up after me. What do you all do?

kristinas8

Asked by kristinas8 at 12:21 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• my kids are 2.5 and 4. when they are teens their bed time will be 11, on weekends they can stay up as late as they want as long as their in the house
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 12:23 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• When we were teens my Mom never set a bedtime for us, but by nature she was a night owl anyway. It wasn't uncommon for her to be up at 2am so she never griped as us when it was 11pm and we weren't asleep. We only had a bedtime on Saturdays when we either had to be out of the house or in bed. That was their sex night! Haha!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 12:24 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My mom never made us go to bed after 13 sometimes I wouldn't go to sleep at all. I don't have teens but I wouldn't. Thats when they start sneaking out.
    pinkebabii

Answer by pinkebabii at 12:25 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My 14 year old has a 10:00 bedtime on school nights and I really don't care in the summer and on weekends. I always liked staying up late when I was a teen.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 12:27 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My teens room is downstairs and I'm not about to go down their just to make sure she is asleep before I go to bed,lol, I know she is home and that is enough for me to go to bed...
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:38 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Well, I have to make sure they're asleep, they have snuck out.
    kristinas8

Comment by kristinas8 (original poster) at 12:39 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My dd is 2 but when she is a teen, she wont have a bedtime. I never had a bedtime growing up and I just liked to sleep so always went to bed at 9 or 10! If she has a hard time waking up, she will figure out herself that its easier to just go to bed early!
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 1:11 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• school nights my son 17 is in bed by 9pm he has to be up 5;30 am on weekends he must be the house at 11pm the doors are locked at 12pm every night,if your kids are snuck out of the house it is time to lock the windows the only way in is the door just lock it
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 3:53 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I usually am still up until they get home. Do I stay up until they go to bed, no. If my 17 yo is at a concert or something where I know she will be late, I just keep my cell next to my bed incase she calls. But I hear her when she gets home. She has never tried to sneak out so I don't have that issue.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I do let my teens stay up on weekends longer than me - as long as they are quiet so I can get some sleep. Now that school is starting no they will not during the week stay up longer than us, they will be in their beds at the same time. I don't have issues with them sneaking so I have no concerns with them staying up, my children are very good at sticking to curfews. We had one instance where my older son climbed out the upstairs window...we locked him and his friend out of the house the minute we heard them...they were caught and new it. Once they had that experience knowing we always know - it never happened again. Helped that my son was ground for two weeks from friends, parties, phone calls etc.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 12:51 PM on Aug. 18, 2010