Dr. Finegold/Feingold diet!

Can anyone tell me more about this diet. And does it really work?

ditzy01

Asked by ditzy01 at 12:24 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I don't know anything about this, but here's a bump! GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 12:25 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• you will have to look it up. i think weather or not it works depends on what it is you are trying to "fix".
    i wish you the best of luck and health!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• The Dr. Feingold diet is a diet that eliminates many different forms of additives and other compounds from the diet. It is intended to reduce the symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Many proponents of the diet suggest that it can be used to improve other common problems as well.
    http://www.diet.com/store/facts/dr-feingold-diet
    lmsar

Answer by lmsar at 2:12 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Yes, Feingold alone works for some; it can work in combination with other methods as well. My personal opinion is that everyone could benefit because artificial junk of any kind does not belong in our food or in our medicine.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:29 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Yes, it does work for many. The place to learn about the Feingold diet is at www.feingold.org which is the website of the support group. There is also a Yahoo Feingold list.
    MarciaKD

Answer by MarciaKD at 3:05 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• We are on the Feingold diet and it has been wonderful for my son. Basically my son had issue with the Dye in foods - hyperactive.
    As a family I think it has been a much healthier decision for all of us. When you start to read labels on foods it is really scary to realize how much dye & chemicals are actually in the food we eat. In other countries they have banned some of the DYE in foods - if there is dye in the food it must have a big label stating such. I wish the US would follow suit.
    yenko

Answer by yenko at 9:41 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• We've been doing it one thing at a time. We've done dyes and sugars and neither has helped my son but I have friends that swear by it. Looking at other medical websites most have said it works best in conjunction with medication and we're not on meds yet. Tests show it works in about 30% of the population and make a significant difference in about 5% of the population. We're going to keep going through but I won't eliminate anything permanently if we don't see a difference. I'm still hopeful though because I'll take any help I can get at this point.
    Vivaine

Answer by Vivaine at 11:48 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I know that my son is hypersensitive to dyes but I believe there is more to it. He had some graham crackers last night and is not himself today. I think we are going to try the feingold diet and see what we can discover.
    I'm nervous and anxious at the same time.
    JasonsMom2007

Answer by JasonsMom2007 at 11:35 AM on Sep. 9, 2010