Did any of you get drug tested in Kansas after giving birth?

I don't really need to worry but a couple of my friends do. We all keep hearing rumors that once we give birth they will ask us to take a urine test and test for drugs. One of my friends has been a pot smoker for about 6 years and does it all the time. Will her child get taken away even if she quit the last few weeks of her pregnancy?? We live in Kansas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in General Parenting

• Your friend smoked pot while pregnant?????

In Illinois if you're using state aid for medical, they test you mainly for STD's...including AIDS. I'm not sure I've ever had a drug test...not that I needed to worry, lol.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I live in California, but it is my understanding that when you sign into ANY hospital, you have the right to refuse treatments and that includes test you deem to be unnecessary... Pot typically stays in your system for about 72 hours... So if she quits long enough before the baby is born and they do drug test her (without her consent), then she should come up clean... If they test her hair, she wont be. But general urine and most blood work would come back negative...

Again, you all should have the right to refuse certain services... Anything you deem to be unnecessary... I would ask for a copy of the patient rights and responsibilities BEFORE entering the hospital just to be well informed on what you can request to be done and not to be done.
    RainShadow

Answer by RainShadow at 9:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I hope they do test her and take her kid. Why in the world would she smoke pot while pregnant. Its bad enough the chemicals the kids exposed to from us breathing why add to that.. Woah some people never grow up..
    Anonymous

• Call hospitals and ask them directly about the policy without mentioning that anyone you know is pregnant.
    wvamomma

Answer by wvamomma at 10:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Smoking while preggers!!!!!!! she's an idiot. How selfish can you be. that poor unborn child. They should test for drug use.
    Slur

Answer by Slur at 10:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• my sil friend just had a baby and she was a pot smoker and if you have been smoking pot every day for a hole month it stays in your system alot longer now if you do it once a month it won't even show but they do the testing and shame on your flippin friend drugs are more important then her child that is growing inside of her what ever happen to common sence??? hello u been to school and i am sure they taught you about drugs and i hope that child gets taken away and i hope it finds better parents then who ever is having the poor child..... its another welfare that a pot head put in are hands again...
    Anonymous

• The poor baby.. In maine if they suspect drugs they will test you
    Wassybear

Answer by Wassybear at 11:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• So anyone know the laws for Kansas????
    Anonymous

• I live in Kansas and yes they do drug test you tell your friend she better stop a couple months in advance to detox her system or they will put her kid in Foster care like they did mine. It took me a year to get them back and all over weed.. Its crazy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I also wanted to adress someone said you can refuse testing i tried that it did not work they tested the baby..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Oct. 8, 2008