I need sound adice

Facts:
Have been together for 3 years, are not married, own a condo together, have a 15 month old BEAUTIFUL daughter that we both love very much, hes 28

He just broke up with me and said he isnt ready to work at something like a relationship, so therefor, he doesnt want one. He wants to be friends and continuing parenting DD well together as we do. I am heartbroken and have tried talking with him, he has his mind mde up. I am so sad.

dorie84

Asked by dorie84 at 12:26 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't know what to say, but here's a bump! GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 12:26 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Well obviously there's a reason for all of that. You need to make him to talk to you.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 12:29 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Yeah I'm sorry but, you will survie and your life will go on.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:30 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• What are you looking for exactly? He doesn't want to be with you, for whatever reason. He doesn't owe you any kind of explanation.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:31 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I guess I was looking more for a YOU WILL BE OK type responce, SaraP, sorry I didnt clarify that.
    dorie84

Comment by dorie84 (original poster) at 12:33 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• it will take tmx for u to process this but u will b ok..give ur self some tmx to heal mentally,emotionally,an spritiaully..
    u will bounce back after a month or so..just remember that u are a mom an u are beautiful..
    the old sayin is another man trash is another mans treasure..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 12:37 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I may have gotten this wrong, but are you not legally married? This my come under common law marriage laws, in that case you will have to get a legal divorce, he will have to pay child support. Another issue is that you own property together. Is it in both of your names? Do you make enough money to keep the condo? I am sorry for you that he has decided to want something else. Make sure you get a good attorney who will make sure you have all the legal matters taken care of properly. I know this does not comfort a broken heart, but get things strait in your life legal-wise and then go on with your life and raising a wonderful little girl. Only bit of advice, no matter how much it hurts, never ever talk bad about your child's father against him. G-d Bless.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 12:39 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Time heals ALL wounds. The first three months will be the worst, but I promise it will get easier and easier. I had a boyfriend for three years who pulled that crap. He would leave me, and I felt like it was the end of the world. He broke up with me so he could feel like he was free again- party, stay out with friends, be wreckless. He did see other women while we were broken up. But after a year he would want to get back together. Explaining that he made a mistke. All the other women he went out with didnt care for him like I did.
    we got back togehter. He did it again. It happened three times After the third time I was so sick of being disrespected that I realized I was better than that. I moved on. And sure enough, a year later he wanted me back. Thankfully I had met my now husband since then and I didnt have to go back to my Ex.
    Please belive everythign happens for a reason. Your better than that.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 3:28 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I guarentee he will come back- though I don't know how long it will take him to realize that no one will love him like you do. But I pray that in the mean time you realize how wonderful a person you are, and that you DO NOT deserve to be treated this way. And that your daughter needs to grow up with structure and stabality. Don't teach her that "mommy and daddy break up and get back together and thats how love is".
    Instead teach your baby that she deserves to be respected. And if someone can't respect you the way you are worthy of, then it is their loss! You have to be strong so you can show her she's worth it. Good luck.. I know this is going to be hard, but you will get through this! I promise.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 3:33 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• you will be ok :-) better he did this now than later
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 9:05 AM on Aug. 18, 2010