I have a serious question.

Why are some people so against teen moms and teen pregnancies? What would you say to a teen TTC?

pinkebabii

Asked by pinkebabii at 12:40 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I would not be prejudice. I was 19 when we conceived our first DD (I am 26 now). We were married but we honestly had been trying before we got married (when we were engaged) I would though be honest about how hard it is at a young age (even though they may not listen) I would at least feel the obligation to let them know what I know now so in case they choose to make a different decision. Other than that the only reason I would be bias to it is if I KNEW the teen was too immature to be a parent- which happens , but for that matter it happens to non-teens as well. So as long as they are willing to care for their baby properly and try their damndest to give that baby a good life then they are a better parent than most!~

hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 12:48 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• i would ask if you are a teen trying to conceive...
    does your heart feel empty, or does it feel like you are missing something?
    do you think a baby will fill that emptiness?
    how do you think a baby will change your life?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:43 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I say you better be ready for the consequences. Babies are a lot of work and cost a lot of money!
    lmjess

Answer by lmjess at 12:42 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I got pregnant at 18, and I don't really think I was ready, but I make the best of it.
    I would tell a teen that they shouldn't be trying to have kids. They should be having fun. Babies are such a huge responsibility..
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 12:49 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Everyone has their own reasoning. I try not to judge.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 12:41 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• from personal experience of being a teen mom @ 16 an again @18..i missed out on a lot of things like goin away to college..i kinda left behind my whole childhood an dreams to b a mom..its my job i took on..i love them none the less...it didnt stop me from clubbin an hangin out but i kinda had to watch life an friend grow up an do what i should have been doin
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 12:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I think their is some great teen moms out their but theirs some that get pregnant fo the wrong reasons they turn out to be really bad moms because they still act like a child
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 12:50 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My only thought about it is that it's so much harder being a teen mom from what I've seen and experienced. I had my daughter when I was 18 and I was NOT ready for her at all, but I love her more than anything and I would do anything for her. That's really the only thing I think about teen moms. If they TTC, that's their business, not mine.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:01 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• my grandbaby mom is 15 my son was 16.it was one night but now it is life .mother who did not want a child does not look at the child or hold it.a son who has grown up so fast but has not seen his daughter for so long miss her .every child want to be mother some one to love someone to hold them .not all teens mothers are bad mothers but there are some mothers who think only of themself. to be mother,you want to move heaven and earth for child willing to make safe home for your child and if your willing to give up your friends and some times family i you can do it alone .don't forget a chid does not leave home till 18 or older ,think before you make that choice
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 3:42 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Because most teens are not yet mature enough to be raising a child. Because most are having children for the wrong reasons - to have something to love. Because too many teen parents don't finish their basic high school education. While 18 is still technically a teenager in statistics, it is also legally adult AND most 18 yr olds are finished with or finishing high school. But 15,16,17.....FINISH high school. Get a job, further your education - tech school, nursing school, etc. Then talk about having a child in a STABLE RELATIONSHIP.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:56 AM on Aug. 18, 2010