What is the worst date you've ever been on?

Describe the worst date you've ever been on.

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 12:48 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I met this guy online. He had a pretty young looking picture of himself. He kept telling me he was 39. We chatted on and off for about six months. Finally, I decided to meet him for dinner. Turns out he was about 50 something and that picture was taken like 30 years earlier!!! I was so stunned. We ate dinner and talked a little, then he asked what I wanted to do next. I told him I had to get home because my kids had appointments of some sort. Then I blocked him from the computer. Ugh...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:52 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I was dating a guy for about a year. We went to a free concert to see Fastball. It was 1999. Unbeknown to me, probably not the guy, his brother was setting him up with his girlfriend's friend. He was flirting with her and I just left. I was humiliated and hurt. I think of a Fastball song, I think of that night.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:53 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I went out with a guy a few times in college, but he never would fully kiss me. One night we were sitting on a park bench making out, and I tried encouraging him to open his mouth, lol. He pulled back and told me how he and his uncle agreed that only whores French kissed.

Yeah, that was the end of Darrell.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:53 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I have two that are tied for the worst. The first one was when a guy wanted me to meet his grandparents. I really was excited about this because it felt like I was going to be part of the family. We start driving around and end up in a cemetery. I asked if they were the caretakers, but nope, we pull up the graves of his grandparents and introduces me to his dead relatives. The second was a date that wanted me to see some really spectacular light show. Okay, I am thinking that we are going to go to a lamp store or some other type of home show. Nope, we drove to our local airport and he sat there amazed at the new light fixtures that they had put up in the renovations in the airport lobby.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 12:53 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• lol m-avi I had the same thing happen to me once. I met a guy who claimed he was 26 but he looked way older than that. I felt so uncomfortable and I didn't want to be rude at the same time so I bailed.
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 12:53 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I was 16. I went to the movies with a co worker. For some dumbass reason I offered to drive (we left from work). I got into a car accident in the movie theater parking lot (my fault). I went home to a VERY pissed off father.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:54 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I have two, and they where two decades apart. First was a blind date with this guy who looked like the lead singer from an 80's band called, "Devo",,,he was just so wierd. The second was a guy I used to work with who moved away and came back to the area. On our date, he brought out his portfolio for his retirement benifits,,,that was even more strange then the blind date.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:54 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Okay my worst date was...I had been talking to this guy online for a few weeks. We findally decided to meet up for a movie that was twenty miles outside of my hometown in a town i truly hated. I had my friend drop me off at the theater but he wasn't there. So I waited and waited but he never showed. Finally I called him and he tells me to just come by the house and it wasn't far. So I hiked proabably five or ten goddamn miles to his damn house. I get there and his dad is yelling at him (I was 18 he was 16 at the time) to do chores. Meanwhile, this bitch of a friend of his comes by and starts giving me a hard time about my clothes and my appearance. To which I tell her to fuck off. Then he comes out and tells me that he can't go to the movie. I was fucking mad. I started walking off but then his mom comes and offers to take me to the bus stop. THE BUS STOP! Which was nice but it would've been even more generous cont'
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 12:59 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• if she offered to give me a ride home instead of a bus stop, after everything her god damn sun had put me through. I didnt' have enough money to get home so the transit people gave me a ride home, which was nice. I WAS SO GOD DAMN PISSED. I told that little bastard to eat shit and die the next day.
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 1:00 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• son*
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 1:02 AM on Aug. 18, 2010