Divorced and Happier?

I just wanted to find out how many of you have been divorced and are now happier. I ask this question because of two things.
First of all, I was married very young to a controlling man....I decided not to take the abuse and I took my Daughter and we left. God didn't punish me for the divorce but instead rewarded me with an amazing man who is the love of my life. He has adopted my Daughter and we have two other children together so far. I am so happy with him.
My Parents are divorced. They were married for 25 years but they were never really happy. Now my Mom is remarried and my Dad is not. However, they are both so much more fun to be around. They are happier people.
I know that God doesn't like divorce but I think that it is necessary sometimes. Have you been divorced and are you happier now? Do you know people who are?

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 12:54 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I am a Christian. I was in an abusive marriage. When we first split up, I took it really hard. But not because I actually wanted to be married to my husband, but I was confused in who I was & would be as a woman of God. I was torn for my love for the Lord & wanting to please Him, & between the new found love of life, & my freedom. I felt like God was disappointed in me. It took a lot of soul searching, praying. digging in to the Word to become content. And now, I am happier than I have ever been in my whole life. Like you, I have found the man of my dreams, he adores me, adores my daughter & one day plans to adopt her, he treats us like queens, he is the most amazing man I have ever met. I feel so lucky to have found him. Everyday I love him more than the day before. I know we are meant to be. Even on his worst days, he is better than my ex.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 7:33 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I'm divorced and so much happier now.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 12:56 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Thats a tough question. I dont know if Im happier, but Im more content with my life. I dont miss the yelling and the put downs and the screaming. But, I do miss the fact that my happy ever after didnt turn out that way. I have kids so there is still a void for me, on a daily basis for over 7 yrs now. Im not open to marriage again right now, cause it took three years for my divorce to be final. He got half of my 401K cause I live in a community property state. Once bitten twice shy, thats me. Im content, I get up and go to work and try to do the best I can for my kids. Im not sure how else to explain it.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:06 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I am much happier now than I was when I was married to my ex!

Answer by missanc at 7:57 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• i'm glad you've all found happiness. if god is loving and wants you to be happy, then "he" probably doesn't really have a problem with divorce... that sounds like a rule made up by patriarchal churches when women were viewed as property.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2010