whats some fun activities to do with my 2 year old

jakesmom25

Asked by jakesmom25 at 12:54 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• reading, kicking/playing with a ball, easy puzzles, and if it's a girl practice taking care of a baby doll.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:00 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• my daughter loves to finger paint. I take her to "My Gym" once a week which she just has a ball at. We live in Vegas, so too hot to do much outside right now...swimming classes, indoor gym classes. puzzles, musical instruments
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:03 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My son absolutely loved making houses out of big cardboard boxes. We would even make "tents" out of bed sheets and a couple of kitchen chairs. I even tossed a sheet over the kitchen table once so he could hide out in his "cave." Just about anything that involved creating something and pretending kept my son happy.
    jacejenkins

Answer by jacejenkins at 1:07 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Children's museums and zoos are great if it's not too hot. My DD LOVES the old train museum not far from here. She also loves the playground and the pool.

At home, puzzles, books, large beads and string, purses... You don't have to buy expensive toys or a lot of them. Keep it simple so your child can use his/her budding imagination.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:14 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Flash cards!! I just bought basic flash cards (colors, shapes, animals, things that rhyme) for my 15 month old. I thought for sure it was waaay too soon to bring them out. But we just played with them, no stress or pressure, just playing. And no joke, but the end of the day she knew which one was red.
    I would lay out the colors and ask "wheres red?" After she found it I would lay out the shapes and ask "where is red now?" and she would pick up the red colored shape! :)
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 3:01 AM on Aug. 18, 2010