Do you think that love can be shallow?

My mother always talked about her mother and the fact that her love was shallow. I always thought that you either love someone or you don't. Also, you can love each person differently. What do you think?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:55 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• sounds like her mother did not know how to express her emotions in a way that a child craves, that she put up barries to intimacy and would not let herself be vulnerable. her mother probably suffered at least as much as your mother did.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My d ex h said he was never taught to love a woman, woo her so he was very shallow in deed. I tried to teach him to be more open with me, that it was safe to be himself and to learn how to love someone. It did not work obviously, I still love that man, but I know he will never love me on any type of level I had hoped for. After meeting his parents, I understood why he was like this. the husband and wife stay in their own little rooms and the only contact they have is when the cook rings a bell announcing that dinner is ready. Other then pass the salt, that is the most I have ever heard out of them.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 1:02 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• that is sad. i was gunna ask shallow in what way? :(
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:14 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I think it's possible to love people in different ways.... I think people that never learned to love can have shallow love.... it's because they don't even love themselves so they are selfish
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:48 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I don't think honest/true love is shallow. But infatuation can be.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 2:58 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Love is shallow when it is dependant on certain things, such as I only love you if you are a size 2, or you make xxx amount of money. That is shallow.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:32 AM on Aug. 18, 2010