Recall in the military

Can someone just be recalled back to base at a moment's notice. if they are not on leave from deployment like just a regular weekend and are suppose to report in the next day?

conweis

Asked by conweis at 1:07 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:08 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• No idea, but here is a bump. GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 1:08 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Yes. It's happened to me and it has happened to my husband. I was recalled to the hospital I worked at in Italy during the USS Cole bombing. We were supposed to take a few casualties but the hospital was not equipped for what they needed. Sometimes they are recalled for recall drills.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:09 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Yup. My hubby's had it done to him before. With him they can put him on stand by and he has to be able to report in within the hour.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 1:11 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Yes, any time my Dh leaves within 6 hours of the base, he has to notify his supervisors in case they decide to recall. Right now he's working 12 hour shifts and is recalled at 5 am everyday... UGH! Can't wait til this is over...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• You can be recalled at any time, whether on leave or not. These guys are soldiers 24/7, whether they are at work or not. If there is a job to do, they will be called in to do it. It's happened to my hubby a few times.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:17 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Yes... the mititary owns you. My hubby was discharged and they alerted him that he was on stand-by for the first Gulf war. He thought he was all done ;o(!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:17 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Yep, any time the Military feels the need they can recall an active duty member, whether on leave, off work for night/weekend/day (for people working swing or mids), or even from a TDY if needed. Also retirees can be recalled to active duty, there's a time limit for enlisted personnel, but, unless it's changed, there isn't one for officers
    SleuthMaria

Answer by SleuthMaria at 1:31 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• The military owns you as soon as you sign..sorry to say!
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 1:39 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• yes of course they can.
    renijazzysmom

Answer by renijazzysmom at 6:42 AM on Aug. 18, 2010