Do you think is fair that you get 0 credits for asking a question anonymously but if you delete it from your history you loose 5?

I don't think so.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 1:12 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in About CafeMom

• No neither is fair
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:17 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I don't understand why you loose points for deleting a question or an answer at all ;o(. I mean sometimes you think you've proofed it, but once you hit post and you see all your mistakes. How about a way to edit them?? Uhg!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:15 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I just hate the 5 point deduction. Sometimes there just isn't a best answer when you want to close the question. I very rarely ask anon, but I can kind of see the no points thing with it. I can't really think of how to explain it right now because I'm tired lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:29 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I don't think it is fair at all really.
    I can KINDA understand the idea behind it (I think) but I don't agree.

I also think it is stupid that if you answer anon, and your answer gets voted UP you get ZERO points, but if its voted down you get points taken away!!

I think they do this to try to ward off the crazy troll anons, but where does that leave the rest of us?
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 6:52 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• CM really doesn't want us to delete stuff. In a some of their groups deleting is against the rules even. The idea of the answers section is to create an archive of information and deleting defeats that purpose, so they discourage it. They also really want anon used for sensitive questions only, hence the restriction and the hit. Ideally only bad answers would be voted down so it makes sense to lose points. Unfortunately the atmosphere in here is far from ideal.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 7:09 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• If you got points with it, it would have to track on your transcript, leaving you not really anon.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:00 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• It doesn't seem fair does it?
    minasmama6

Answer by minasmama6 at 10:56 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• No, I don't think it's fair at all. In the past, I've deleted questions when I wasn't getting any good responses. Also, why is it 5 points when you only gain 2 for posting? I think in certain categories (namely Health), you should get points for anon.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:13 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I dont care, I dont pay attention to the point system anymore
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• i don't think it is fair either. sometimes u realize that what you said could be taken out of context so u delete to rewrite
    Walker101

Answer by Walker101 at 6:10 PM on Aug. 18, 2010