What are some fun ways to get a 2 year old interested in potty training?

i have a 2 year old son that will be three in december i want to get him potty trained he can fully dress him self and get undressed he loves to wear underwear but still pees in them like he would a pullup so idk what to do!

jakesmom25

Asked by jakesmom25 at 1:12 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• buy him underwear with his favorite character on them. then tell him that, let's say elmo, won't like it if he gets peed on.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:15 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Be patient and understand that he will do it when he's ready. As far as encouragement, we used books, DVD's, stickers, cool underwear, and sometimes M&M's.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:17 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• A musical potty chair! :)
    http://www.pottytrainingconcepts.com/CTGY/Musical-Potty-Chair.html
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 2:49 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• ok this is going to sound hmmm different i guess you could say lol but my son loves to copy my husband and everything he does sooo hubby started taking him in the bathroom with him when he pees and my son started catching on but it had to be something they did together for a while lol my son haaad to pee at the same time daddy was but eventually he started going on his own took a couple of days but yeah now if my son has an accident he completely freaks out hates it with a passion
    jgwilliams

Answer by jgwilliams at 4:15 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• keeping him in underware is the best way. At first my son was like that but the wetness really gets uncomfortable. I just started potty training my youngest so I am with you. She is younger but showing all the signs of readiness but she isn;t getting it quickly so its a process of patience and effort! LOL
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:43 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• pee pee dance and clapping helped with my daughter also i brought the potty chair outside of the bathroom to start with to make it more easily accessable and when i did that she just took off, then when she got more used to reconizing i moved it back in (like a week)
    MamaCinda

Answer by MamaCinda at 11:08 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• my son seems more willing to sit on the potty if SO goes with him. He also loves potty movies and potty books with real kids, not cartoons. Makes it seem more realistic.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:44 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I have been letting my dd go bare bottom and with panties during the day and diaper at night. shes already going on her own after two days. I had to tell her no to a diaper the other day and just hold my ground. Shes doing great but I didnt start until she was ready. She will be 3 in November. Good Luck! I think the bare bottom works great. Start taking him every hour or 30 mins to get him used to it and prevent accidents!
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• get him some underware with things on it he likes that worked for my son
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 7:41 PM on Aug. 18, 2010