I have done plenty of sonograms even a 3D one and it shows a girl but people keep telling me my belly is very low and that when you carry low is a boy???

Worry because I have bought everything for girl.. You imagine it comes out is a boy i will still love him but I am so worry LOL

MommyOfJayden23

Asked by MommyOfJayden23 at 1:21 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• trust the ultrasounds, not the shape of your belly. carrying high or low is an old wive's tale.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:23 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I got the opposite. Yeah, people told me I looked like I was carrying a boy with my DD for I carried HIGH. A NURSE even told me that. Well they were wrong, I had a GIRL. When I had my son, I carried lower, and some said I looked like I was carrying a girl. lol
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 1:24 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Thats why we always wait til birth to find out the gender. you never REALLY know until you see in the flesh. buying stuff shouldn't deter you, baby doesn't care what color clothes they are wearing and you can always shop for baby after it's born too.

The whole carrying low sayings are old wives tales, you know better than to truly believe them.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:24 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I would trust a sonogram and a 3D ultrasound more then I would old wives tales.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 1:24 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• That's just an old wives tale... next time ask where their medical degree came form!! LOL

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:25 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Usually if the sonogram is showing a girl....I would not worry to much.
    Just because you are carrying low does not mean you are having a boy.

With my first one I carried low. This time I am carrying high........I have a ultrasound showing that it is a BOY! It is pretty obvious too!
    tambam75

Answer by tambam75 at 1:25 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Did the sonogram show the parts that said you were having a girl? It's very obvious on a 3D ultrasound what you are carrying. It's an old wives' tale about how you are carrying. I had a 3D one done on my youngest and his parts were very visible.
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 1:28 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Everyone said the same thing to me. I still had a girl. It is an old wives' tale about how you carry and all that. I think it's just fun for them to make you crazy.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:44 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I carried my son high the whole 38 weeks. How you carry means nothing,.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 2:47 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• trust the US its just an old wives tale...
    I know how you feel though... I had a dream the other night that my baby was handed to me in the hospital and I looked down and it was a boy and I said "oh no!!!! what are we going to do with all that girl stuff?" haha
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:14 AM on Aug. 18, 2010